• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OMG! Huge step for Kermit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Since Kermit is the only one not in the bird room (his cage is in my bedroom), I always make it a point to bring Leyla and Nin to my room every day for an hour or two to socialize with Kermie so he doesn't have to be alone all the time.

Right now I'm sitting on my bed with Leyla and Nin, and Kermit was hanging out on the front porch of his cage (his cage is about two feet from my bed). For the past couple weeks, he's been going to the edge of the porch and doing the about-to-fly posture -- towards me and the fluffies. Well he JUST did!!! He didn't land on me to play with Leyla and Nin, but chickened out last minute and flew past my head to the corkboard hanging on the wall opposite his cage. He's now hanging out up there and preening, totally comfortable:D

I literally held my breath when he flew! He does occasionally fly around my room, but NEVER anywhere near me! He was only a few inches from my head! I think he's learning via Leyla and Nin that I'm not a meanie (despite the fact that I'm the one who puts the evil cone on him:rolleyes:). I just wanted to share my excitement:D:dancing::dance4:

J*M*L

Real Name
Julie
That is very exciting! Yaaaay Kermie!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
way to go Kermie!!!:highfive:

love4birds

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
It was so exciting:D

And he made another big step this evening, too! He ate from my hand!!! I was eating some bread and he was looking at me, interested. I'll sometimes bring food to my room and set a piece on his porch, so I think he was expecting me to share:D I ripped off a piece and held it between my fingers, resting my hand on his porch. I turned away from him and he started chirping at me, probably telling me to put the food down so he could eat it haha. But then he started nibbling on it! I am sooo happy with his progress as of late.

It has been an eventful evening, what with this and Chewy's egg!

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Woohoo!!! Go Kermie go!

Don't ever say you lead a boring life!! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.