• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Olly's 2-year anniversary with us

Status
Not open for further replies.

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
It was actually last Thursday! I can't believe it's been two years already. Also, he turned 17 end of November.

He has come so far! He still plucks, but I don't really expect him to stop, to be honest. It is habit. If he ever stops, great; if he doesn't, oh well.

His favorite thing to do is walk around the floor:hehe: Everyone has to be careful because he bites feet! Not my dad, he loves my dad, but I guess he figures everyone else's feet are fair game LOL. He is 100% a one person bird. No one else but my dad can handle him without wrapping their arm in a towel several times, or else he'll latch on and not let go:rolleyes: But it's good, he has someone he is bonded to and is happy.

Olly loves shiny things! He'll sit by our metal kitchen garbage pail for ages, looking in it and flicking the pedal with his beak. He also likes SS bowls; we sit them on the floor for him to throw around and he has a blast. Shiny things are the only thing he'll play with outside of his cage. He still doesn't like playgyms (not scared, just doesn't like them), but is okay with perching on them now for short periods of time. In his cage, he is sooo playful and destructive!

This morning I had put an empty plastic orange juice jug on the floor by the garbage pail to take it to the recycle bin when I took the garbage out. Well, Olly found it first and had a BLAST throwing it around and chasing it:hehe: That's a new one! My dad even said, "He wouldn't have done that a couple years ago!"

His new favorite noise is kissy noises:D Everything is "heyOlly*kisskiss*wannacomeout*kisskisskiss*cluck*kisskiss*" lol. He is a nut.

Even though he is hands-off for most of us, he is lots of fun to have around:)

(first pic is from his first day home with us, second is the most recent I have of him)

Attachments

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
congrats to you and Olly!! he looks like a different birdie in the second pic, so much happier :heart:

love4birds

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Megan
Thanks, GG:)

He does, doesn't he? He was sooo scared that first day home. You can see the stress and fear in his eyes. I think he's a pretty happy guy now:)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Happy Adoption Day Ollie!!!!!!---you look incredible dear boy and I love hearing stories about you...

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Happy two years!:dancing:
He sure is a cutie and looks much better in the second pic! He's lucky you found him!

Status
Not open for further replies.