• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Ollie had a good morning

Fuzzy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Ollie had a good morning today. The last three days have been good and today he played in the conservatory before breakfast instead of flying to the kitchen to demand a snack of peas. Ollie is not digesting food properly (suspected PDD/ABG) so is always hungry and tired. The vet here says there is nothing more he can do for him so I am now consulting a homeopathic vet in Austria plus using other alternative remedies. He's had two days of the first homeopathic remedy to prepare his system for the next one. Today was the first day of three of rest. Will begin the second remedy in a couple of days which may help is body overcome the virus. I was actually amazed at his energy to play today and not demand food as usual. He's also been eating palm nuts for the last 3 days - something he has refused for many weeks.

The homeopathic vet says we have lots of energy points in the palms of our hands, so I have been giving Ollie healing/energy without touching him. She also says there is power in words and to repeat a word that applies to him at least 5 times a day. I have healing words written on his bottle of F10 used to nebulize him nightly. I have also been using essential oils (the brand of which I am confident in their purity) high in linalool since they are meant to be effective against viruses.

Also I'm doing what I can re diet and supplements. Diet is interesting as Ollie seems to be self medicating and avoiding those foods that are particularly hard to digest. Am giving him easier to digest raw and cooked foods.

I'm not suggesting a cure because there is none. I certainly miss the fun loving Ollie of old. I'd give anything to turn back time and not have him suffer from this.

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
He looks like with all that's going on with him he's doing well and still a happy boy. Maybe the problem food has been upsetting his stomach so he's learned to avoid it. Keep doing everything you can as long as it won't hurt him. The vet told us years ago about Mr skinny Nerd as long as it wouldn't kill him stuff him with anything he'd eat to get his weight up.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Great big :hug8: to Ollie :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
He definitely looks happy in those pics. :)

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Ollie pal, I'm so sorry your blue! It sounds like you have many running to get you over the top care. I am sending tons of healing thoughts your way littke Dude!

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
I love the pic of them playing on the floor :heart:

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Thank you, all. The love and support for Ollie definitely helps! :heart: Poops were smaller and less today... I am praying it means that he is starting to digest more/better, and not that he ate less. The last poop before I put him to bed looked normal! He wants palm nuts now - he went off them at the height of his illness.