• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Olive Moved In

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
Olive is living with the other birds now :D I introduced him to Tiki a little over a week ago and let them hang out on their own for a few days. I introduced the girls a few days ago and the four of them have been let out together for the past three days. Mango has no problem with Olive - they took a bath together yesterday. Peaches is being cautious and somewhat defensive. Tiki is being Tiki and still insists he's a human and not a bird.

Olive seems MUCH happier now that he's around other birds. He has become really brave. He has no problem landing on people now and will fly right to your hand. It's amazing how fast he has learned and gained comfort around everyone. He is just adorable and such a sweetheart. I keep learning new and interesting things about him. Recently I noticed that his front toes are light colored but the rest are dark :eek: All the other birds here have solid colored feet.

He is still reluctant to eat foods other than seeds but he has eaten some mashes, peas, corn, and TOPS. I keep meaning to grow some sprouts for him ...

I tried to get some shots of his feather condition to compare with in a year or so. I took A LOT but I'll just share four here:

Olive_111312_12.jpg Olive_111312_13.jpg
Olive_111312_16.jpg Olive_111312_17.jpg

I also tried to get some pictures of him out and about today but he's so active it's hard!! Plus, half the time I had the camera out he was sitting on it :rolleyes: Here are a few of the pictures I did get:

He ate A LOT of the 'Bolivian Blast' mash mix from Avian Organics today. I don't blame him ... it smelled delicious!!

Olive_111312_01.jpg

I'm sad this picture is blurry but he had the mash all over his face :o: He seems to be really good at making messes.

Olive_111312_19.jpg

Later while he was munching on pellets. I think seeing the other birds eating it encourages him. Hopefully in time he will eat more of them and more often!

Olive_111312_14.jpg

Just hanging out.

Olive_111312_02.jpg

Still hoping he puts on a gram or two. So far his weight is staying consistent - that's okay with me for now though :) Still working on diet but it's going well so far.

Olive_111312_03.jpg

Preening himself in the window :swoon:

Olive_111312_06.jpg

Anyway, glad that he's all moved in and is settling well. Will be interesting to see how the 'flock' relationships develop from here.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
What a wonderful update. Glad he's trying new things too. He sure is a cutie.:)

Parront

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Annrose
What a sweet baby!
Glad he's adjusting so well!
Don't you just love how they walk around in their food dish! lol
My "Baby" slept in his last night! lmao

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
:swoon: What a cutie and great pics!

JackDele

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Adele
:heart::heart::heart::heart: He is just too cute! What a gorgeous boy! His bum is soo blue, he must have a violet factor or two in him. And I believe white toenails means pied. So I'm going with pied DD SFV aqua :D

He does look so comfortable too perched on your finger! I've found Jackie's eating a little better since DeeDee arrived so I'm sure Olive will soon learn the ropes from your other littles.

Meanwhile, silly Tiki! How many gorgeous lovies is that boy going to turn down!?? :p

Maxsmom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Really happy for you and Olive

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a cutie patootie!!

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
He is sooo adorable Alyssa.. :D Thank you again for taking him in and I'm soo happy that he gets along with the rest of your flock.. :highfive: And the best part is he just looks soo happy and this makes me smile big.. :smileflower:

Anfsurfer

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tim
He's adorable! And he looks VERY content there. I'm glad it's all worked out so well.

kaylayuh

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kaela
Seeing Olive updates always makes me happy. He's such a cute little guy (is he a boy? I missed the update). I'm glad to hear he's settling in well!

Naiera

Real Name
Alyssa
Seeing Olive updates always makes me happy. He's such a cute little guy (is he a boy? I missed the update). I'm glad to hear he's settling in well!
Based on his behaviors so far my guess is that he's a male but I didn't have him DNAed so I don't know for sure!

Status
Not open for further replies.