• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OLDEST AMAZON

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez

Manny2000

Meeting neighbors
How old was Rocky? Awe man that sucks :( How did he catch a respiratory infection? How long did you have him?Sorry for the late reply @Anita1250

redindiaink

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Only one of mine was banded and he's 8 or 9 (I'd have to look it up) Bug is believed to be in his late 30s to early 40's, but that's only a guesstimate from the vet.

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
Rocky was 48 when he died. I had him for 40 of those years. Nobody knows how he caught the infection, but it went very quickly.

Anita1250

Walking the driveway
I also still have a 38 year old BFA that I have had since he was 11 weeks old. I think the biggest challenge is keeping them healthy in captivity. It is so easy to forget that they are parrots and not little people! I have to be very vigilant in maintaining Sam on a healthy diet. He loves to share food with us, so I have special items that he can have when we are eating something that is not good for him. Usually at dinner time he gets his veggies so he is busy while we are eating. Providing exercise is also hard. He can be such a perch potato. I give him big wood chunks that he destroys. Takes him all day and provides interest plus activity that he needs. I would not trade my 40 plus years with these amazing birds for anything!

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a female yellow nape that is around 29-30 years old. I’ve had her since 2004. Her mate was age unknown but quite old. He died this last winter. Ellie is my oldest bird right now. So far Ellie still seems spry and young.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I have a female yellow nape that is around 29-30 years old. I’ve had her since 2004. Her mate was age unknown but quite old. He died this last winter. Ellie is my oldest bird right now. So far Ellie still seems spry and young.
Is it Ellie in your avatar? Her photo, plzz