• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OLDEST AMAZON

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Great question!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Morgan will be 26 in July, so we're out of the running.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
We want to see pic of Polly, pretty please
from this morning.
yes that's a fireplace by her cage but I have never used a fireplace in my life and never will. I've actually blocked it up to stop drafts.
She has her health problems. She came to me with cholesterol deposits in her eyes that will never go away.
See her eyes? The world is a snow globe to her.
She gets fatty lumps and had a large one removed a couple years ago and is growing another that I dread.
She is also unable to fly because of a wing injury. I always imagine it happened when she was wild-caught.
But she walks all over the place and will climb anything.

IMG_7418.JPG

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
from this morning.
yes that's a fireplace by her cage but I have never used a fireplace in my life and never will. I've actually blocked it up to stop drafts.
She has her health problems. She came to me with cholesterol deposits in her eyes that will never go away.
See her eyes? The world is a snow globe to her.
She gets fatty lumps and had a large one removed a couple years ago and is growing another that I dread.
She is also unable to fly because of a wing injury. I always imagine it happened when she was wild-caught.
But she walks all over the place and will climb anything.

View attachment 381737
Such an indomitable spirited girl... Stay healthy, pretty Polly.

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@MommyBird , I am just curious... If Polly is wild-caught, how do you assess her age? My OWA is also wild caught (it's my opinion, I never got a proper history)... So I always wonder, if there's any means to know an adult zons age.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
@MommyBird , I am just curious... If Polly is wild-caught, how do you assess her age? My OWA is also wild caught (it's my opinion, I never got a proper history)... So I always wonder, if there's any means to know an adult zons age.
She has an open band and I was told that she was originally purchased in 1970. She came to me in 2008.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
? :think1: Polly is still alive and with me.
Not sure but after reading the quote and previous posts I think the comment above your name tag was aimed at you and the old age part was to Anita who said they had a 48 yr old.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Not sure but after reading the quote and previous posts I think the comment above your name tag was aimed at you and the old age part was to Anita who said they had a 48 yr old.
Ach, you are right. I'm moving a little fast so I can get everybody to bed, including me. Thanks!