• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Old English Game Bantams

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
I found a person in my area who raises/ breeds OEGB's and my mother agreed to let me get a few chicks as a 4-H project. We already have a coop that can fit up to ten of them (not that im getting that many quite yet) but I was wondering if anyone on here raises them and could fill me in on some more info. We have raised LARGE egg laying breeds for ... about 3 years but I want something small as I will be raising them as my own. Yes I am responsible enough to raise my own flock. Please don't judge I have been told not to do it but I have financial support and a vet only 5 miles away. We have a brooder all set up and I just want to know more on the breed. They are being hand raised by a women, her husband and their children so they will be friendly and hand tamed. She is also selling bird diapers and I am going to get some of them too. We have a HUGE farm and they will be free range (away from out larger birds as well) Again I am ready for this so PLEASE don't judge. Also how many should I start off with? They will be kept with each other but no other birds.

Owned By~ :tiel4: Stella :tieln: Reda :phros: Luna Belle

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
i do not know but as a 4h project when i was a child they were shown as a brace 2 hens and one rooster if that is any help

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I would speak to the person you got them from for advice since she raises/breeds them and knows what works best with her flock. :)

Sophia101

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sophia
Thanks you two! That does help me a LOT! :)