• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Okay... Weird poop

elitys

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Elise
Poppy had a weirdly cloudy poop this morning. She's also been wheezing occasionally and has been sneezing more often. She already has a vet appointment that I'm trying to move up.

Here was a poop she just had. The urine is very cloudy and was almost completely opaque.

20201128_102301.jpg

She was eating some cucumber on top of the microwave while I was preparing my food to take to work.

Any ideas?

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Never seen that..on the day of her appointment, grab some poo and put it a shot glass if you have nothing else...hope shes ok!

elitys

Real Name
Elise
Alright, her appointment was moved up to tomorrow. I haven't seen any more weird poops like this one, but I'll keep my eye out. Her weight is good, but her wheeziness has not changed or maybe has gotten slightly worse. I'll update.

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Definitely an odd one! Glad she has an appointment :)

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Wow, never seen anything like that before. Hope she’s alright!

elitys

Real Name
Elise
Poppy got back from the vet about an hour ago. There was no clear diagnosis given about the wheezing, but we are starting a catch-all treatment of antibiotics and an anti inflammatory to see if they help. If not, we will have to go back in and do some more serious tests.

Gah, the bill. It's amazing how much they charge for medicine alone. $65 just for the general antibiotics and anti inflammatory on top of the $80 for the exam. Hopefully, these can help her get better as I would like to avoid the cost of an x-ray or other tests.

NorthernGannet

That's about the same cost of my recent vet visit for the exact same stuff, plus $30 more for a fecal test.