• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Okay gotta rant (pellets)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Please note that if you have an Eclectus you should steer clear of Spirulina as Eckies have been noted to have rather severe reactions to this as part of their diet.

Hay Kay

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Haylie
Wow thanks everyone - im glad we are all getting involved! I love AA! Anyhow, felix LOVES his harrisons, but kicks his zupreem fruity to the bottom of the cage, so i was on the hunt for another good pellet to add to his, and Sunny as my Zupreem only eater wanted to add something else - like was mentioned variety. So here is where i am today at this moment (subject to change when i get home and check bowls)
I ordered 1 lb of TOP to try (gotta be happy they sent me a 1 lb bag of the organic "soak or feed seed" for FREE, yay new sprouting time) Anyhow last night i offered sunny a pellet. she was adorable , i love that it crumbles (also loved that not only does it not have corn but no PEANUTS and the sunflower seeds are less that 5% total weight) she would take a bite, act like hmm, im not sure about this, then take another bite, then dance then act unsure again - it was too funny cause she kept going back.. So today my two got them mixed in with the normal pellets (sunny zupreem, fe harrisons) and we will see.. Im all for varitey.

anyhow - thanks everyone for all the contributions! The wealth of knowledge here will never be exhausted (i also ordered harrisons birdie bread - to see if i can get it in all of them and not use humanized sugary base breads -though the ones i use are hardly sugared they have too much sodium and sugar for my own preferance..lol)

Ok ramble done

Status
Not open for further replies.