• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

okay flight cage for a green cheeked conure?

Grace_F

Sitting on the front steps
I am returning to in person school in a few months, and I need to update Finn's (Green Cheeked Conure) cage size. Right now he spends most of his day out of the cage, because I'm in my room doing school work. I need a cage that is big enough for him to spend up to 7 hrs a day in ( he will be out the rest of the time). The other people in my home are not comfortable taking him in and out of his cage yet, although they will spend time with him while hes in his cage. this is the cage I am looking at rn:
flight cage.jpg
HQ Flight Bird Cage 32x21

Is this cage suitable for him to be in for that amount of time? If not I really need recommendations because I can't find a bigger size with appropriate bar spacing...

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
I just got that cage used in excellent shape cheap. It has all kinds of room for a Green Cheek Conure and Pippen loves hers. The main doors lock well but the food cup doors sre hard to unlock and slide up and down.
it rolls pretty easily and the storage tray underneath is nice for stashing all her goodies.
The bars are thin and a bit flimsy but a Conure won't be able to damage them and it's pretty tall and kinda wide but narrow so keep that in mind when trying to find a good spot for it.
The lady I got it from said she paid 125 for it several years ago so you might want to watch for a sale or a generic version of it for a better price. It you search for my latest posts I have some pictures of it bare and setup with Pippen and toys inside.

Grace_F

I just got that cage used in excellent shape cheap. It has all kinds of room for a Green Cheek Conure and Pippen loves hers. The main doors lock well but the food cup doors sre hard to unlock and slide up and down.
it rolls pretty easily and the storage tray underneath is nice for stashing all her goodies.
The bars are thin and a bit flimsy but a Conure won't be able to damage them and it's pretty tall and kinda wide but narrow so keep that in mind when trying to find a good spot for it.
The lady I got it from said she paid 125 for it several years ago so you might want to watch for a sale or a generic version of it for a better price. It you search for my latest posts I have some pictures of it bare and setup with Pippen and toys inside.
thanks for your reply its very helpful :D

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
She also said she bought it from Amazon so another place to check for it.

Grace_F

UPDATE: I found an A&E cage thats the same size as the HQ (32x21), but its listed as a lot cheaper. I wonder if this means the A&E is lower quality? its listed on Chewy.com for $169.99 and free shipping. The HQ is listed as $199.00 and unknown shipping (I've heard that BirdsComfort has expensive shipping though). I love the pricing on the A&E but I am unsure that the quality is at the same level as the HQ. I am also unsure about whether Chewy is good at shipping cages. I've heard good and bad things about Birds Comfort. I really want to make a good decision here, because my Green Cheek will be spending almost half the day in this cage while I'm at school :arghh:
Heres a pic of the A&E cage listed on Chewy:
A&E CAGE.jpg

Sunni Tiel

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
That's a great cage also. The only really major difference is the one door instead of two. I don't have experience with those cages, but I'm sure that one works great. You can compare reviews on them and see what you think.

Sylvi_

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
I have two A&E flights and both have held up fantastically over 6 years! I have a cockatiel and a green cheek.

HQ and A&E are quite similar, so it’s really just a matter of what cage style you like better or require. One door or two door, dome top or flat top, feeder doors etc.

Both my birds have lots of room in them for flying and playing, IMO you really can’t go wrong with flight cages.

Highly recommended by Mimi, too! 54EBCA39-ECFF-4AD0-883B-A6F2E2E1C969.jpeg

Grace_F

I finally set up the cage, and I am so happy with it! It wasn't difficult to set up and it seems to be really good quality. Finn loves it! I repurposed those plastic feeding trays that come with the cage by filling them with toys and foraging materials. heres some pictures cagesetup2.jpg cagesetup.jpg