• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ok you culinary geniuses, how do you make this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerfectlyParrot

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kathy
I watched some videos this morning on how to make crackers. Looks pretty easy, seriously Saroj, I think you could do it! (you do have an oven right? :hehe:). Once X-mas is over I'm going to experiment with what I bought the other day and see what I can come up with.

Debbie your recipe sounds great but can it be done in the oven?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I watched some videos this morning on how to make crackers. Looks pretty easy, seriously Saroj, I think you could do it! (you do have an oven right? :hehe:). Once X-mas is over I'm going to experiment with what I bought the other day and see what I can come up with.

Debbie your recipe sounds great but can it be done in the oven?
Great Kathy!!!
If you get the recipe figured out you could go into business!
THe daunting part to me is how to make it so thin. I have no patience and if the dough starts ripping I'll get all frustrated and ball it up and throw it upward to see if it sticks to the ceiling :rofl::rofl::rofl:
I'll be tuned in to see how you do :dance5::dance5::dance5:

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Well, I suppose I could add a gourmet section to my website :lol:.

The best thing about cooking for the birds is, so far, they don't make comments about how it looks, smells, or tastes! So much more appreciative then the two legged animals around here, so I caught the crackers on fire on top of the tuna casserole, scrape them off and eat it for Pete's sake!:rofl:

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I posted how it is done.

You make a soup like dough and spread it on parrflex sheets and cook in a dehydrator.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
I posted how it is done.

You make a soup like dough and spread it on parrflex sheets and cook in a dehydrator.
ah! soup like dough! Now I get it! I think I can handle that. Thanks Debbie....I do believe I am going to give this a shot!:D

PerfectlyParrot

Real Name
Kathy
Whooo Saroj you go!!!! I used to have a dehydrator, no idea where it went though.:(

piercesdesigns

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Here is an easier one:

• 2 cups whole flaxseeds
  • approx 2 cups water
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VNEIO4?ie=UTF8&tag=fstr-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=1789&creativeASIN=B001VNEIO4Soak flax in the water for minimum 1.5 hours. Te result will be gooey.
1 carrot
1 apple
1 thick slice red pepper
Celtic salt
(optional) and maybe some cayenne pepper - to taste
Sesame seeds (optional)

put the flax seed, apple, and carrot into blender and mix.
Add 4 tbsp ground flax. you can add more water iff needed. You want a cake batter texture.

Set your dehydrator to about 110 degrees, and dehydrate for 4-6 hours. Turn the mixture over, and dehydrate another 3 - 4 hours. If you like a crispy and crunchy cracker, dehydrate a bit longer. I like my flaxseed crackers a bit chewier, so I dehydrate them a bit less. Break or slice your crackers into pieces when finished dehydrating.

ParrotNutz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Adriane
Gosh....wish I had more time...I have some great recipes I could make into bird crackers....HHHmmmm maybe when I get caught up......
So many recipes so little time

The problem is keeping them crisp when storing

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Gosh....wish I had more time...I have some great recipes I could make into bird crackers....HHHmmmm maybe when I get caught up......
So many recipes so little time

The problem is keeping them crisp when storing
:ygg:

Status
Not open for further replies.