• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

ok need a little advice(baby pigeon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
My SO found a pigeon and I guess we are going to keep it!! I don't know how to feed a pigeon though :confused::confused: I have 12 years of hand feeding experience with anything from parakeets to macaws. I could use any advice anyone has! It is too small to survive alone. He will be qt'ed in a spare bathroom with no vent, so no air flow to the birdroom.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I have no experience but found this: Easy Handfeeding . I hope that it helps some.

Matt

Chevelle

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Jessica
From my understanding you will have to gavage/tube feed pigeons. Lots of info on google, if you can get your hands on the right equipment (soon). Good luck with him!

Leza

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Annaleza
Matt what an excellent link!! thank you so much :D

RebeccaPearce

Meeting neighbors
Last edited:

Shadowteil

Checking out the neighborhood
When I had my baby pigeon last year, I cut the end off a syringe [Like for shots or giving your cat liquid medicine] and then attached a finger of a rubber glove with a rubber band and poked a beak sized hole with a knife. Put the food in the end with a spoon [Take out the plunger] and have the baby put its beak through the hole and eat as it pleases. Tiny didn't grow nearly as fast as her in the nest brother, but she lived and they're the same size now:)

Status
Not open for further replies.