• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OK, Just leave me the "F" alone

Greylady1966

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
I wonder how many are rehomed because of their vocabulary? Picking up words from tv or music is one thing but purposely teaching a parrot to cuss is another. I saw two ads to rehome two CAG the ad said they had to go asap because the people had taught the birds to have a "potty mouth" and they had kids now and didnt want the kids to pick the words up. To teach an intelligent,beautiful parrot to learn cuss words for entertainment is sick.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I wonder how many are rehomed because of their vocabulary? Picking up words from tv or music is one thing but purposely teaching a parrot to cuss is another. I saw two ads to rehome two CAG the ad said they had to go asap because the people had taught the birds to have a "potty mouth" and they had kids now and didnt want the kids to pick the words up. To teach an intelligent,beautiful parrot to learn cuss words for entertainment is sick.
Right,,,,,:shifty:

Leanna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leanna B
Maybe I'm just not as conservative but I could never see rehoming a bird for cussing. That's way too far. I would be really suspicious of an owner that saw it as a major problem/ deal breaker. Ultimately, they're just words. Impolite maybe, but it's hardly that big of an issue. If you're that sensitive, a parrot isn't for you anyway. A parrot will do more than cuss you out at some point...

11bryces

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Brice
And you'll watch the Disney channel all the time.... anything else they pick up on. ahh ha ha.
i am almost 27 years old and i still am a big fan of old disney movies (snow white, sleeping beauty, beauty and the beast , bambie, lady and the tramp, rox & rocky etc...)

so my bird will learn disney song lol lol :rofl::rofl::yahoo::laughing4:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
To teach an intelligent,beautiful parrot to learn cuss words for entertainment is sick.
I don't think anyone learn them that, they learn themselves.
I don't think a bad languish is sick. The only sick is that owners will rehome them because of that.
Impolite maybe, but it's hardly that big of an issue. If you're that sensitive, a parrot isn't for you anyway. A parrot will do more than cuss you out at some point...
Agree. If my parrot said something bad it was probably my fault and I would have laugh about it.
And you can always teach them new better words, so it's not the end of the world.
Maybe I'm just not as conservative but I could never see rehoming a bird for cussing.
I could never rehome mine. They are my family, so they can say or do whatever they want I will never let any of them go. :)

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
i am almost 27 years old and i still am a big fan of old disney movies (snow white, sleeping beauty, beauty and the beast , bambie, lady and the tramp, rox & rocky etc...)

so my bird will learn disney song lol lol :rofl::rofl::yahoo::laughing4:

Oh birds love those songs. At christmas, played " home alone" ...all my birds all at once got in one big laughing frenzy after one funny scene... I had to ask myself, " did they really see that, understand it and find it that funny???? "
Regardless I couldn't stop laughing because they were laughing and that just escalated the laughter even more!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
I don't think anyone learn them that, they learn themselves.
I don't think a bad languish is sick. The only sick is that owners will rehome them because of that.

Agree. If my parrot said something bad it was probably my fault and I would have laugh about it.
And you can always teach them new better words, so it's not the end of the world.

I could never rehome mine. They are my family, so they can say or do whatever they want I will never let any of them go. :)

I also agree with Eloy on that, parrots choose what words to use and say. If they get a reaction from you by saying a word, they will say it again. To break them from a bad word, don't react to it. It's that simple. Personally if my parrots cuss, so be it, it's my home and theirs, if people don't like it, they know their way out.
Most of the time a parrot picks up a bad word from people, tv, radio, what have you, and usually when it was said, there was another human reaction, birds watch and pick up on that. And I find it hilarious that a bird has that intelligent level to know how to use it and when to get a reaction. And like Eloy mentioned, yes you can teach them better words.
I too would never rehome mine for that.

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol....I thought I was!! One night my wife and I put birds to bed ( they're never locked in cage) and didn't shut door to bird room.
My wife and I turned down all lights in living room to just one low light, and began watching this really scary movie. Around midnight, my Zon sneaks into living room goes behind sofa and climbs up behind sofa to us, just as a real scary scene comes on and poppers screams as loud as she could!!!!!
We came off that couch so high I think we ended up upstairs..geez we both about shat ourselves!!! Darn bird!!! S**t the scared out of us!!!
:laughin::laughing11::laughin:

The :heart: of a Zon, there's nothing like it!!!!!!

Rain Bow

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
All over Youtube you can find videos of Pebbles
I :heart: how much pebbles new owner :heart:'s him. Pebbles was one of the first youtube video's I ever watched re: parrots. I think what the he11 was that owner thinking when they taught Pebbles to talk like that! I hope someone slaps that person, ya know karma & all!