• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

OK, Just leave me the "F" alone

Doctress

Strolling the yard
Birds will pick up what they hear... sounds like it could be a hostile home.

Smoky Blue came “pre-loaded” with lots of belches and fart sounds... luckily no swearing

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sad.

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Only me that think this is hilarious? :roflmao:

"However, Jessie, who reportedly escaped from her home nearby, was not feeling the love and instead told firefighters to “f--- off" several times.
Fortunately, the fire crew were professionals and did not take offense to Jessie’s strong language."

:embarassed:

Leanna

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Leanna B
I think it's hilarious when parrots curse but I also have a hard time not laughing when my little nieces do it too. I haven't taught Milo an curse words but if he picked any up I would blame it on the TV and rap music like any other parent.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes I think they're funny & assume they had bad parronts in their past.

We try hard to not use bad language in around Buddy tho... That wouldn't be funny.

I love the grey tho. Knew what it wanted for sure!

simon777

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Iliel
This reminds me of a funny story my father told me many years ago.
There was a captain of a ship that traded between Holland and the East Indies. One day he got a parrot (species unknown) and took it back to his ship. Knowing how fowl mouthed his crew were he instructed them to never speak around the parrot. He kept his parrot in his cabin and taught him to sit on the lip of his soup bowl. Feeling very proud of this trick he visited with friends to show them his parrot. The captain had one of his crew waiting outside and told the crewmember to carry the parrot back to his cabin and inform the cook that there would be guests for dinner. The sailor had had a few drinks while waiting and being a little wobbly while crossing the gangplank he fell in the water. He climbed up to the ship thankful that his captain's treasured parrot was only wet. When the captain and his guests arrived in the captain's cabin the parrot was happily sitting on his perch, already dry. They sat down to dinner and the first course was soup so the captain called over his parrot who perched on the soup bowl. The lip of the bowl was slippery and the parrot slid into the soup. Climbing out of the soup and shaking himself the parrot said very clearly "gosh darn it, in the drink again".

Hawk12237

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
It's so bad when humans teach parrots foul language. Especially not funny.
I don't think it's all a matter of house hold humans teaching them that...sometimes believe it or not, they pick it up on tv.....my grey once said a word my wife and I never say..... "Mofo" ( a short version of the actual word) and we realized we have to watch "what" we watch for movies, because they pick this up!!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Sometimes I think they're funny & assume they had bad parronts in their past.

We try hard to not use bad language in around Buddy tho... That wouldn't be funny.

I love the grey tho. Knew what it wanted for sure!

Yea but they pick a lot of stuff up off tv too!!
My wife and I watched " bad boys 2" with will Smith and Martin laurence, lots of cussing. ..then a couple days later my grey said out loud... " you dumb mofo ( short version of the word" ) and my wife looked at each other like where did he learn that??? Not the kind of word we use around here. Kinda funny.....but not if you have company or in-laws over.

EkkieLu

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Angel also came to me with a sailors vocabulary. He hasn't been using these words/phrases for quite a while but when he got hurt and I had to wrap him in towel several times a day to clean his incisions and give him his meds the phrase WTF popped out of his mouth nearly every time. I don't think they forget these naughty words, but only humor us by not saying them cuz they know we don't like it!

Hawk12237

Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Michael
Only me that think this is hilarious? :roflmao:

"However, Jessie, who reportedly escaped from her home nearby, was not feeling the love and instead told firefighters to “f--- off" several times.
Fortunately, the fire crew were professionals and did not take offense to Jessie’s strong language."

:embarassed:

Lol....I thought I was!! One night my wife and I put birds to bed ( they're never locked in cage) and didn't shut door to bird room.
My wife and I turned down all lights in living room to just one low light, and began watching this really scary movie. Around midnight, my Zon sneaks into living room goes behind sofa and climbs up behind sofa to us, just as a real scary scene comes on and poppers screams as loud as she could!!!!!
We came off that couch so high I think we ended up upstairs..geez we both about shat ourselves!!! Darn bird!!! S**t the scared out of us!!!