• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ok I've read this before but I've forgotten

Status
Not open for further replies.

catnloco

Sprinting down the street
Thank you John...I never knew this bit of information sorry Heather....Now we all know.:D

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Its the "mucousy" stuff in their stomachs, athat is brought up into their crop to help digest the food that will be brought into the sotmach and elsewhere. Its normal. But if your are worried, an avain vet check is in order, and they'll to a throat swabbing.

When I got got Bokka, they did a throat swobbing and it proved he had an over abundance of bacteria in his crop (and we did other tests during the vet exam and he had a huge list of issues). But he still does the "spit" thing, so thats normal.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Its the "mucousy" stuff in their stomachs, athat is brought up into their crop to help digest the food that will be brought into the sotmach and elsewhere. Its normal. But if your are worried, an avain vet check is in order, and they'll to a throat swabbing.

When I got got Bokka, they did a throat swobbing and it proved he had an over abundance of bacteria in his crop (and we did other tests during the vet exam and he had a huge list of issues). But he still does the "spit" thing, so thats normal.
I think she's marking her territory or something. She spent half of today pulling up spit and then licking the bars of her cage with the stuff! Gross! :hehe:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Bokka does this too. And out of all my 'toos, he was the only one who did so.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Oh good! I was starting to think that she was out of her mind :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.