• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ok I ordered it

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Someone brought the older thread back up to current about the AviCalm and the Featheriffic. So I ordered some. Petrie lets her feathers come in almost all the way but then she pulls them out when they are extra pointy and itchy. Jellybean barbers his feathers especially under the wings where you can't see them as much so that's why he looks like his feathers are nice. Emmett does the same thing but not nearly as bad as Jellybean. His is really more of an overpreening thing. He does what I call "angry preening" like he just gets carried away.

So should I be giving this supplement to all three of them? Also, is there any benefit to giving it to all of the birds even the ones that don't pluck or barber?

Any positive stories would be nice too ;)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Heather you might want to check with the people at Avitech. Their products are really good and I am sure they would be happy to give you their input. I hope it works for your birds.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thanks Pat! I hope it works too :)

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Heather, I gave a half dose of Featheriffic to Max and Sonny at the same time for a few weeks. They both re-grew nice new feathers. I've never used the Avicalm, but the Featheriffic worked well for me with both boys.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Heather, I gave a half dose of Featheriffic to Max and Sonny at the same time for a few weeks. They both re-grew nice new feathers. I've never used the Avicalm, but the Featheriffic worked well for me with both boys.
Great! I can't wait to get the stuff! We have the aloe spray and we try to give Petrie showers but it is SO very stressful for her and she's fully flighted which makes it very difficult to keep her in the shower :lol:

NikkiLS

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nicole
I have given the featheriffic to other birds without plucking problems. I read a review on it (can't remember where) but the people had a baby who was taking for ever to grow in feathers and they gave the featheriffic supplement and said the rest of the feathers came in in no time at all and the feather quality is the best they have ever seen. I guess everyone comments on the feather quality. :) I think the review was on the avitech website.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Cool thanks! I'll go read some of the reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.