• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Ok Cowgirls and Cowboys - post your ponies

Status
Not open for further replies.

WenM

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Wendy
Here are pics of my beloved Shadow (17yo TB gelding - my sugar cookie is about 17 hands) and my DH on his horse Blu last spring (9 yo AQHA mare - 15.3 hands) That pic is a twofer as our 2 yo Rough Collie Finn is also in the pic! What a great horse herder he is! We sold our Morgan last spring - a really gorgeous horse but he had spook issues we couldn't afford more training $$$ to work through. These two are enough for now!

Attachments

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Pretty pretty horses, Wen, and Finn is gorgeous!

And your signature is hysterical! :laughing4:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
oooh Horses!!! Love Horses!!! :heart:
I don't have any :(
Shadow and Blu are beautiful!!!

Alex

Take a stroll down the Avenue!
I love horses. Last interaction I had was one trying to bite my cousin in Texas. But I just have no one that has horses around me.

I think they are beautiful creatures though!

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
I love them too, and my they are gorgeous!:heart:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
Wow - you've got two beauties right now. i wish i could have horses, I've always wanted one.. The closest i have is my cousins horse who i rarely see. *sigh*

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
Thanks all. Now I know there are other horse people here. Get them posted, giddyup!

Btw Marie thanks on the siggie snaps. She is my fav silent film star-the very first "Marilyn M" type and the person about whom the term "Vamp" was coined. Yes there is no silent acting at our house!

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Always had horses on our small holding and have grown up with them around me.
All we have now is the two old dears that are going to be seeing the rest of their days out in retirement with us.
The palamino Candy is 41yrs old this year and has only a few of her last set of teeth left! we have to feed her twice a day on soaked sugar beet cubes to keep her going, but so far she is doing fine.
Beauty our thorobred is coming into her 30th year and they both keep each other company. Live in the field next to our bungalow and come into a corral twice a day for feeding. :hug8:Just added my carved rocking horses for a laugh!:rofl:

Attachments

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, Ann! Everyone's horses are so pretty!

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is a great thread :D Love seeing everyones horses. :heart:

My three boys :)

Indiana (Rocky Mountain Horse)
IMG_5108.jpg

Conan (Swedish Warmblood)
Conan.jpg

Duncan (Paint [identification status, he has no spots ;)])
Duncan hobbled2.jpg

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
WOW, these pictures are amazing. I love to ride but do not own a horse of my own. Hug's Barb and Isis

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
I don't have horses either but I am getting them soon. I LOVE THEM this is my uncle's pony.
:)

Sorry about the barb wire, they live in West Virginia and down there that is normal.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Such beautiful horses everyone!! I love horses and use to love riding when I was younger.

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
Wow, what beautiful horses everyone! Aww, Jill, Indy has grown up so much!

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ohhhh...how I love everyone's beautiful horsies. :heart:

Cydney

Real Name
Cydney
Everyone's horses are gorgeous! Makes me miss my boy! And Jill, I'd love to see more of Indy!

Anyway, here's my Dooley. I bought him as a 3yo project in 2004 and he turned out to be a LOT more project than we expected. I'd planned on eventing with him but we spent more time fixing the problems from his previous 'training'. He's still at my parent's place with my sister's horse, but really doesn't get ridden much anymore seeing as I'm not at home and can't afford to board him while going to college. He's wonderful to ride if he likes you and you know what you're doing. :p

Blazeybird

Real Name
Houston
I loove horses. I have an awesome close friend who was a Mrs. California rodeo girl who's horses I get to ride and hang out with. I love her 4 guys :)

LuvMyBirds

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Barbara
I showed in Western Pleasure when I was a teenager and then worked for several years at a huge English barn where we had great fun fox hunting. But alas My Tiger is gone now RIP. Now I still ride every few months or so with friends and just last fall went on a wonderful dream horse vacation in B.C. If you get a chance - oh wow was it great - a week riding but you ended up back at the bed & breakfast complete with hot tub and fabulous food each night! I'll post their link: B.C. Horse Vacations - Luxury Inn to Inn Horseback Riding Vacations

Everyone of you have lovely horses and Ann your 41yr old! Wow! Now that is a long lived horse :)

Babybreau

Real Name
Tanya
Everyone's horses are so pretty!!

Jill - I've never heard of a rocky Mountain horse before. He is absolutely stunning!!! Are they common or just around you?? If I ever win the lottery, I'd love to have one like that!! I just can't get over his beauty!!

Status
Not open for further replies.