• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

ohnmygod Charlotte is bleeding from the mouth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
She is still alive, I had to run out to a job interview so Dub stayed here...She has not long for this world though..she is lying all curled up in a little ball and barely breathing...We both feel so guilty...maybe if we did not remove that band, she wo uld still be alive..but her leg would have blown up..it was that badly swollen around the band...Fletcher will be happy to see her..I will let you all know..pray that it won't be long.
The bird is still alive but you speak as if she is dead? Susanne just gave some good advice. Why not give this a try?

Last edited:

WingedVictory

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Gary
Please, please try and relax!!

Do you have any children's pink Motrin in the house or children's Benedryl? The Motrin will provide pain relief but will thin the blood, Benedryl will provide some relaxation. Cayenne will help stop any bleeding internal or external. Please keep Charlotte warm and relaxed. Is she drinking at all?

Suzanne has very good information in her post above.

You can PM me for help.

Gary

Last edited:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Wow she is still living! What a little fighter!!! Anne, I can chip in some money for the vet visit..

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
Just a thought....How much blood do you see....alot or a little? Also how is her breathing. Whaty could have happened is that while handling her....if too much pressure along the sides of her body an abdominal air sac could have torn....and there are veins on the surface of these which could be the source of bleeding. If so....if not major bleeding it may not be life threatening, and the veins should seal off by them selves.

Status
Not open for further replies.