• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh the newspaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
Soooo, I HAD a black garbage bag FULL of newpapers for Iggy, his cage, and what ever I need them for...Well I went to go clean Iggy's cage today and guess what?? All that newspaper was missing!!! And it was A LOT of newspaper....Gone...So I asked my sister if she did something with it (which I doubted because the bag was very heavy and couldn't be lifted by either of us) and she said no...I texted my mom and asked her what happened to it...she didn't know...Then I texted my brother and he said he thought it was trash so he threw it away!!!! What kind of trash weighs that much?! And it was by Iggy's cage! He should have asked...=/ All my newspaper is gone...I have nothing to put down for Iggys cage until tonight when my mom gets home with more newspaper. I usually shred newspaper for iggys playstand because I have a little thing on there that he can play in and forage in. I really cannot believe all that newpaper is gone. It's gone gone too because the trash people came yesterday... =( I don't know how this happened. ahhh. I guess it's what happens when you live with your family...I need to move out... lol

Crackaleen

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Wow that stinks. I hoard newspaper too, especially since I don't actually subscribe to any papers lol. My parents are nice enough to save theirs for me and I go down every couple of months and pick up what they've saved. Maybe get a crate or box to keep newspaper in in the future so it doesn't look like trash? I keep my stash in a cardboard box near the cages. Luckily it's just my husband and me here and he knows it's not trash (not that he would throw it out either way, but that's a whole nuther story lol :rolleyes:).

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
We don't get newspaper either. My mom gets it from her work for me. lol So it sucks because I had so much newspaper and now I have to start all over. I am going to get a container this time for it. lol I had planned on getting a container but kept putting it off...guess that's what I get for putting it off so long huh? Luckily today I had just enough to put under my standing perch so iggy didn't make a mess on the floor. I don't even know where that newspaper came from but it was there. lol

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
WE steal them..we are thieves...there are many many free newspapers published by various ethnic groups in the area..they usually put way way too many newspapers in the boxes and end up throwing them out anyway..so we help ourselves to a big arm full every time we see the free boxes..last week WE are on Chinese week...last week Portuguese...free free free

IggyPepito

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Amy
WE steal them..we are thieves...there are many many free newspapers published by various ethnic groups in the area..they usually put way way too many newspapers in the boxes and end up throwing them out anyway..so we help ourselves to a big arm full every time we see the free boxes..last week WE are on Chinese week...last week Portuguese...free free free
I get free newspapers too!! LOL From my moms work! YAY me.. Probably not as much as you get but it's still something. I should just go to my neighbors every morning and ask if they are done with their newspapers. hahahaha They'll think I'm strange. But hey free is free right??

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well go look in those free boxes if you see them by roadsides and stuff...and s upermarkets sometimes have them in the front of their stores...we get scads of them.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
I can't believe your brother took out "trash":eek: without being told too at least 5 times.

Harleydo

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Tracy
I know how you feel, newspaper is such a commodity here it's the only thing that I keep regarding "trash" and if my husband through out the trash I'd rollover and burst out laughter he's the biggest packrat there is he throws nothing out and has turned my dining room into his own private computer fix it office:D

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
check with your local library. Maybe you can get a pile of old ones when they weed them out the beginning of the month.

Status
Not open for further replies.