• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh my word: trying to find a pionus!

cecirdr

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ceci
Many years ago, I thought about getting a pionus. I’m finally at a good spot to add one to my life, but lawdy!

I admit to being partial to the darker colors like the bronze wing or the dusky. But it looks like that’s just not going to happen. Plus, I just can’t swing 6k.

The white caps looks pretty neat too though. Are they a little easier to find? So far after a few days searching, I can’t even see a wait list to get on.

I appreciate any help.

MC_Hahn's

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Marie C.
I've seen pionus available from both Parrot Stars and Birdman's Parrots in Illinois. They had some blue-headed and bronze-winged a few weeks ago. I've never gotten a bird from either of them, but maybe someone else here has...?

Edit: I'm pretty sure the blue-headed pionus were a little over 4k.

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
Have you looked at JC Aviary in Texas? :)

Last edited:

cecirdr

Real Name
Ceci
what state are you in?
how about adopting a rescue?
there are some available in NJ and CO
I’m in Alabama. I’m ok with adopting a rescue. How does one even start? I saw a few online, but so far many breeder links and rescue links I’ve hit appear to be old or no longer active.

cecirdr

Real Name
Ceci
I've seen pionus available from both Parrot Stars and Birdman's Parrots in Illinois. They had some blue-headed and bronze-winged a few weeks ago. I've never gotten a bird from either of them, but maybe someone else here has...?

Edit: I'm pretty sure the blue-headed pionus were a little over 4k.
Thanks! I’ll see if they’re still available.