• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh my gosh...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrashSmAshley

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Ashley
Nitro has always been somewhat of a talkative girl. At night when she's in her bird bunker she will mumble "pretty girl/bird" or "Nitro" or "what". But just a few minutes ago she bit me so I shook my hand and said no bite. She looks up and says "no bite".

Greaaaaaat. :lol:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
that was very cute thanks for sharing

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
:rofl: I am surprised at how quick they pick up words.

I was playing peek-a-boo with my Quaker yesterday and my GCC Leila suddenly comes out with.. "peek.." then she paused.. "peek-a-boo", she done it quite a few times and I had to listen again to make sure it wasn't Keiko. (who says peek-a-boo too) Now she doesn't stop saying it along with her 20+ other words.

Nitro will pick up a ton more words, trust me! (and quickly the more you repeat it)

Last edited:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
awwwwwwww way to go Nitro!!

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Awww, that is so cute.

Djuna

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Debbie
That's so cute. I am amazed how clever little GCCs are.

Chicklette

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Courtney
That is adorable. Boomer only says, “Upside Down Little Clown.”

Ever since I got him if I walk by he will go to the corner of he cage and flip upside down. He is in a high traffic area so Im ALWAYS ding this, if not I feel guilty so I have to do it.

Fommy

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Rhonda
Opal will say, No bite and then Bite us. If Napalm bites her back she goes after him with fury... saying Stop it, Stop it, Stop it.
I put Opal in her room for biting yesterday. I said to her, Opal was a bad bird and I swear I heard her say Opal was a bad bird, after I closed the door. she said it twice. My heart meltsd and she got to come back out.

Last edited:

lsware

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Linda
That IS so cute! Birds are so darn smart! I love their ingenuity. I know that may be spelled wrong, but you get my drift! My BC conure is very talkative. He says, "Gimme a kiss!" then when you do he says, "Thank you!" or "I love you!" He also says, "Pretty Bird" and "Ringo's a big boy!" "Ringo's a good boy!" "What's Up?" is his favorite one though. Whatever you are eating he asks, "Do you like it? Mmmmmmm!" He's very entertaining and now my 7 mth old peach faced lovebird is saying, "Gimme a kiss" and "What's up?" They sure do learn from repetition all right!!

Status
Not open for further replies.