• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh good grief, not again!

Garet

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Garet
Guess who decided she wanted to try laying eggs again.
For crying out loud, Triss...

IMG_20181102_170625443.jpg IMG_20181102_170616776.jpg
She completely destroyed the fresh paper I laid out and has an eggbutt/brood patch again.

I wonder which boy is to blame this time. They both look super guilty to me.

Attachments

parrotluv

Avenue Veteran
Oh lovebirds are bad for that. Needed to remove any source of papers to shred

EkkieLu

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tricia
Poor baby! Lucy was laying infertile eggs every couple weeks. So the vet gave her a couple rounds of shots and she doesn't do that now. I was getting afraid for her life at one point!

JaclynBin

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jaclyn
I feel for you - Gem just finished another bout of laying this season too.

Hopefully all goes well with egg time, and it’s a short session. Do both of her boyfriends come and visit while she nests? :p

Garet

Real Name
Garet
Poor baby! Lucy was laying infertile eggs every couple weeks. So the vet gave her a couple rounds of shots and she doesn't do that now. I was getting afraid for her life at one point!
The AV I went to said she wasn't a good candidate for the injection, unfortunately. I'm keeping an eye on her and making sure she gets her calcium supplements. Thankfully she's not laying back to back clutches. Her old owner had her lay 3~ clutches back to back to try for fertile eggs. She's taking longer breaks with each subsequent clutch.

I feel for you - Gem just finished another bout of laying this season too.

Hopefully all goes well with egg time, and it’s a short session. Do both of her boyfriends come and visit while she nests? :p
They're crazy about visiting the eggs. She used to not let Bull visit, but she's been far better with his visitations of late.

Garet

Real Name
Garet
And we got our first egg! Calcification looks good, it's not deformed, and she passed it with no problems.

I'm surprised she laid it so soon, but I'm really just glad it's out. :shifty: Now we just have to wait for the other five or so...