• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oh darn...

Status
Not open for further replies.

akijoy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Monica
Gee, that doesn't really sound like my Ollie's warning call.

He sounds more like a big goose honking! (It is not totally unpleasant)

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I don't own an Eclectus, but a breeder I got a few of my birds from has breeding pair and I've been there a few times, his Eclectus' are amazing, they are pretty loud, they sound like the clip you posted.. it was ear piercing, but I could handle it.. they're the first two birds I went straight to when I went to the breeders place the very first time, and then the other times I again, went straight to see the Eclectus' - hope you do get one! :D

Abby

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Mary
We have Merlin who is a rehome. He's also known around here as the evil green fuzzy sod. My grey is more likely to tell Merlin to shut up then anyone else in the bird room. He's loud especially when he wants your attention, even if he's out with you if your attention isn't 100% on him then you get little pinchy bites, he gets into everything including the dishwasher when I'm loading it basically is very much I am the centre of the universe and it's all about me. Now Merlin is on his 3rd and final home which considering he's only just over 3 isn't a good thing for him. need to look at his background as to why he can be a bit of an emotionally high maintenance bird at times.

Merlin is a brilliant talker and so appropriate even when you'd prefer not to hear it. Example I was bitten (drawing blood) whilst putting a new toy in his cage. My fault, knowing his cage is his castle I should have done it while he was out. Anyway, I'm muttering under my breath about ekkie flavoured corned beef and get the sweetest little "what's wrong?". "You just bit me you evil green fuzzy •••••••, that's what's wrong". "Oh".

Merlin also has a tendency to undo his feed doors then go and undo Bogey (YCA) and Arora's (RB2) and help himself to their food. We now use a screw driver to make sure the screws are well and truly fastened.

He adores my middle son who has become his owner. Sometimes he adores him a little too much. Finn just put him on the floor and tells him bad choice and ignores him. Merlin is gradually working out that if he pleasures himself then he will get removed.

So I'd say that they certainly are personalities. They potentially can get very loud, can be emotionally very needy and do have a potential to pluck. As much as Merlin drives me insane and has turned our nice calm bird room upside down I wouldn't be without the evil green fuzzy sod.

~birdybea~

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Belinda
Merlin sounds like trouble!!!!! :lol: He sure has found a lot of ways to be a pain. Do you think his behaviour is typical of ekkies, or a result of being shuffled through homes?

Status
Not open for further replies.