• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

oh crap they are back

keikoasmom

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Linda
Sorry to say I couldn't read the whole thread, but is this about spiders or mice? :)
I'm looking for help about spiders....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Mice. I think I read somewhere that Diatomaceous (could be spelled incorrectly) earth is great for safely killing off insects. I am not positive if it is all insects or how well it works though.

rocky'smom

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
laurie

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Don't have any spiders for you, but I'll give you a mouse or two. :p

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohhhh I saw a different version of the bottle/bucket traps @rocky'smom.

They put a blown up balloon on top of the water in the bucket so that it completely touches all round the inside of the bucket and they put some food on top or smear the ballon with food. The mice eat and investigate and end up popping the balloon and fall into the water.
I think this one would probably be best used for many mice and possibly away from where anyone can get a fright from the balloon popping.

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Mice are a real pain. But raccoons a real treat. I caught 16 in a trap, not all at once. I took them to Walmart to release them. I lived on the other end of town. I dared them to try to find their way back. :extremeanger:

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Ohhh raccoons are sooo cute but I have seen one show where a guy kept one as a pet and it totally destroyed his house! Oh my, I didn’t realise they were so brilliantly skilled with their cute little toes :shocking:

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
I have to be honest. After taking all of those raccoons to Walmart, I brought a few from my mom's back to my place. We were trying to get all of them out from under our house so could finish closing off any entry points for them. Once we did that, I even fed the cuties.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
I have to be honest. After taking all of those raccoons to Walmart, I brought a few from my mom's back to my place. We were trying to get all of them out from under our house so could finish closing off any entry points for them. Once we did that, I even fed the cuties.
Racoon feces can carry some nasty diseases... despite how cute they are.... don't encourage them to stay around. Especially if you have other pets. Read this:

Nobirby

Jogging around the block
Racoon feces can carry some nasty diseases... despite how cute they are.... don't encourage them to stay around. Especially if you have other pets. Read this:

Oh we lived next to a wooded area back then. They only came up to the feeding spot, which was far away from the house. Any feces is nasty. You should see the goose poop where I live now! I would rather have the raccoons.