• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Oggie can fly!

Elysian

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Rearranged our front room yesterday. Got rid of an old sofa so now there is room to have all three bird cages along the same wall, where they can reliably get sunlight.
Oggie's cage used to face across the room short ways, now they all face long ways.

He was climbing around playing when I realized I forgot to move the lamps (it can still get a bit dim in the corners) so I carried the lamp over.

He took one look at me holding the lamp and said what sounded like a panicked "Not here!" And took off to find another life.
He made it all the way down the length of the living room and across the dining room, then landed inelegantly on a pile of non toxic paint jars on my boyfriend's desk.

Went to pick him up and he said "Whew!"

Time for flight training to begin at 28 years old

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awesome!!!!

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
This is the best news!!!! Go Oggie!!

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Hopefully having the free will to fly away if he doesn't like the situation will make him less likely to bite.
Dobby always chooses to bluff and move away.
I have it from Momazon he knows how to bite and has but he chooses not to here.
After Lunch who's first reaction was to bite as hard and fast as he could it's really nice.

SunTruth

Sprinting down the street
I think that he is going to take more confidence and then he will spend his time flying and coming to you.