• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Officially Home!

QuakerCraz

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
So today I officially brought home my baby Quaker, JoJo. Don't know their gender so just saying 'them/they' to be fair to the little guy. I'm so happy to have them. I've been wanting a Quaker since I saw them at the shop last year. I fell in love with them and their adorable little beady eyed faces. Right now, the little guy is resting since this is a big deal for them being in a new environment. In a couple hours they will be due for a feeding and I'll get a picture of them at that time. I'm so happy and filled with absolute glee to finally have such a fun little bird.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Thank you! I just fed the little one and though they only accepted about half as much as they should have had, for the first day home, I'm ok with it. They've only been home for a couple hours and being in a new environment with new people and smells, I wouldn't want to eat a lot either. But JoJo at least ate something and is now taking a nap. Gonna wait on the picture for a short while till I get a good routine going and they come around a little more and get comfier with things. I'm proud to be a Quaker mom!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Pictures will come, that is a promise. I think I'll get one tomorrow once they have a couple meals in them and a full night's rest so they have a chance to adjust to being home a bit. The little one is a cutie though. Can't wait to see their personality blossom. I also can't wait to see how Sweetie is going to be when I begin slowly introducing the two. I'll have to start a a thread about their journey to becoming buddies(if that happens because I know there's a chance they will never like each other).

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Pictures will come, that is a promise. I think I'll get one tomorrow once they have a couple meals in them and a full night's rest so they have a chance to adjust to being home a bit. The little one is a cutie though. Can't wait to see their personality blossom. I also can't wait to see how Sweetie is going to be when I begin slowly introducing the two. I'll have to start a a thread about their journey to becoming buddies(if that happens because I know there's a chance they will never like each other).
Remember to quarantine him away from Sweetie for at least 30 days.

Can't wait for pics :xflove:

Reactions: Ali

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations!

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Remember to quarantine him away from Sweetie for at least 30 days.

Can't wait for pics :xflove:
I wish I could do that. I don't have a spare room that's safe for a bird. Not with the way the heat has been. I keep snakes and that room is kept warmer for them and the other room is just a storage room so the a/c vent is blocked off. I got both birds from the same place and I believe even the same breeder so I don't think there would be too much of a problem. I have fans in my room to keep it from getting too warm and I can monitor the both of them. My room is also the coolest room in the house house since it gets the most shade during the hottest part of the day. They won't meet for a long time though.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
They really are just the cutest thing. We're starting to get a routine down and the little guy is getting learning I have food so they're starting to get more aggressive with eating. Starting to do the Quaker shake once the food start coming and it's so adorable. And the wiggle butt. I love the little butt wiggle when they shake those little tail feathers. I'm simply in love.

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
Update. JoJo is sleeping on my chest for some comfort time. I have to get up. Don't want to move birb as I would feel bad. Help.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute! Congrats!

Reactions: Ali

QuakerCraz

Real Name
Tricia AKA Kitti
JoJo is starting to make some noise. Guess that's a sign the little one is getting comfy with me and settling in more. They are accepting more food as well. Ate much more for their second feeding today. Spending plenty of time with the baby so they don't get lonely and they feel safe. Got them sitting on my chest on a wash cloth with part of it folded over them to keep them from getting too cold due to me having a fan running. They're asleep and it's adorable.