• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odie and the sitter

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
Well, we have been back from vacation for a week. Back to work, back to routine :) Odin did really well with the sitter. She was so kind, she sent me a video of him wooing her tiel.... I have to figure out how to share it. At any rate, he was happy to see me! He had definitely lost a bit of weight but it seems to putting it back on with his daily veggies and protein diet. (he actually eats the fresh food first thing!!)
I bought her a gift, a card and thanked her profusely. She enjoyed having the little clown, and her birds didn't seem to mind him at all.
Here's a funny thing too.... I was telling my colleagues at work how much I missed Odin and one lady said "Oh my god it's just a bird" my friend said I shot her the dirtiest look LOL!!!
So in August, I get to sit her fids. That should be fun.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
That is great Odin had such a good time with the sitter. I talk about mt bird all the time at work. I really do not care what my co workers are thinking or say. They are just co workers!

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I'm glad Odin did so well, and that you have such a nice sitter. People that don't have birds just don't get it. :meh: Their loss!

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Oh my god it's just a bird
I often say the opposite. "Oh my god it's just a human!" LoL!

Nice that everything went well on vacation, did you have a great holiday?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Odin is a good bird. I know Odin is happy to have you back home.

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
@Eloy yes it was wonderful. I was able to see my son who is all adult and stuff :( lol! And then we travelled to historical sites in southern Ontario :)

Aubrey

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Lol! People that I work with know to be respectful of my creatures as they are my kids or they may get :slapfight:

I'm happy Odin did well while you were gone, but I wonder how we can convince them not to loose weight when mom leaves :straightface:

My guy eats poorly on my days I work 12 hr shifts :(