• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Odd plet behavior... help?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milo

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Milo is standing and eating, and seemed to be doing a slow version of the wiggle neck dance. He didn't appear to regurgitate anything and didn't seem distressed at all while doing it... but I'm panicking a little... is there another behavior that looks like this? He's eating normally right now and continued to do so right after the motion. I've never seen him do anything like this and it has me really worried :confused:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe he had a peice go down weird. I'm not sure,but I hope he is ok.

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sometimes they do the neck wiggle to get a piece of food dislodged. Just keep an eye on him. He is probably fine.:hug8:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Ruby has done that on occasions as well as open her beak wide to dislodge a piece of food. Keep an eye on him for a little while to see if it continues or not. :hug8:

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ive also seen my doves do that. Like others said just keep an eye on him...big hug.

Jeddy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Bodie is a parrotlet and just this month he has started his not as intense mating behavior. I say not intense because so far he has been doing the little wiggle neck and most of the time nothing comes up and his chripping behavior. Sounds like Milo is doing the same thing. Those male parrotlet's are jus little trouble makers:D

I bet Milo will be fine and was just doing what those male's do:heart:

Milo

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jenny
Thank you so much everyone! The little booger is absolutely fine this morning and kept giving me these "really?" looks last night because I think I was hovering too much. I'm glad it was just paranoia :hug8:

That is really funny about Bodie, Jan! Milo was near Bartleby... so I wonder if that's what it was

Status
Not open for further replies.