• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odd dropping once again.

Pie

Strolling the yard
Avenue Veteran
Hello.
One of my cockatiels has produced an odd dropping suddenly. I am worried it could be liver related, however I'm not completely sure. I have a suspicion it is my youngest female who produced it. All birds are acting the same, nothing has changed in their behavior.

All of them eat mainly a seed mix, however the female that I believe produced the feces has been eating a lot of treat sticks that is made of eggs and oyster shell.
The poop tints *very* lightly to green. I have not seen any other droppings like it currently.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I usually don't put too much worry into one odd dropping. Different food, stress, etc can cause them. It's only if it's repeated that I get concerned. However, if they do eat mainly seed, I would work on getting them to eat vegetables and some pellets. I believe that with liver issues, usually the white part of the dropping is yellow, but someone please correct me if I'm mistaken. But, as I'm sure you're aware, an all seed diet can lead to fatty liver disease so working on adding other foods to their diet is a good idea.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I would keep an eye on her droppings to see if they stay mostly normal. I also wouldn’t feed them the treat stick. Those sticks are not really good for your birds, and as @sunnysmom mentioned, a diet of pellets, seeds and veggies would be best.