• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odd crust on my caiques beak

Taffypint

Checking out the neighborhood
I just came back from college for the weekend And noticed these odd purple-ish spots on my sweet baby's beak but I'm not sure what they are. My other bird (a sunset lorikeet) doesn't seem so have them. She's about 14 and we recently moved both of them to a new room. Does anyone know what this is and should I take her to a vet?

Attachments

Irishj9

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
JP
I havent seen it before on any of mine. Id be concerned that the caique has been exploring in dark corners where no bird should be. No harm to have have a vet look at it. But you should examine the room first for any caique damage which might be the explanation

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Does she have any purple toys that could have transferred the dye to her if they became wet?

Taffypint

Checking out the neighborhood
I havent seen it before on any of mine. Id be concerned that the caique has been exploring in dark corners where no bird should be. No harm to have have a vet look at it. But you should examine the room first for any caique damage which might be the explanation
It's possible, they're in the care of my parents while I'm at college right now and they usually let her run around like a dog inside. She loves is but she's always so curious about everything. I'm gonna schedule a vet appointment for the both of them just to be safe