• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

odd.. behaviour

EntwinedSpoon

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Robyn
Okay so Nod came with a little Pumba toy. And every time I let him out of his cage he.. has fun with his Pumba.

Every time!

I was thinking of throwing It away, it's kinda sad that his mate is an inanimate object. Or would it be a bad idea to throw it out? Would it put stress in him if I threw it out?

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well if you are sure Nod is a male, then there is no harm done...but if a female, then it is not good to be encouraging her to be nesty.

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Birds will be birds. I wouldn't throw it away. Fustrated tiels are not happy tiels....:(

Buckbeak

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
you can always put it through the wash if its a little gross looking!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
Birds will be birds. I wouldn't throw it away. Fustrated tiels are not happy tiels....:(
I only agree with this is the tiel is male..in a female, you really do have to watch for egg laying which can also bring on egg binding.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Not a Cockatiel, but Keiko (Quaker) done this with a toy he took a liking to as well, I didn’t take the toy away from him, rather I moved it to another spot in the cage and he lost interest in it (well, lost interest in mating with it anyway).

EntwinedSpoon

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Robyn
I only agree with this is the tiel is male..in a female, you really do have to watch for egg laying which can also bring on egg binding.
The previous owner told me he's male. Also I looked up the difference between males and females. He doesn't have stripes under his tail or wings and his cheeks are bright orange. Also he is very talkative.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have a male tiel that also has a favorite toy...:rolleyes: I let him keep it...it is plastic - easy to clean.