• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Odd behaviour/mating behaviour

Blue&Bell

Moving in
Hi,
My two babies are almost one year old. Today I saw them doing this for the first time. I did dna test for both and they came out as two females. Can you please help? We keep them in one cage, bell (yellow) does dance to me from time to time which is lovely but they never did this? They even did this when they both sat on my hand

Attachments

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
If they are one year it is probably courtship play. Sexual maturity is closer to three years old.

Is the cage in your avatar a travel cage? If they are living together make sure you have a very generous cage in fact I would keep them together in an aviary, probably a minimum dimension of 5m x1m so they have length to fly. IRN, especially hens, can get very protective of their perceived nest and these too lovely ladies could end up fighting in too close of quarters.

Ringnecked Parrot or Psittacula krameri manillensis

Blue&Bell

Moving in
If they are one year it is probably courtship play. Sexual maturity is closer to three years old.

Is the cage in your avatar a travel cage? If they are living together make sure you have a very generous cage in fact I would keep them together in an aviary, probably a minimum dimension of 5m x1m so they have length to fly. IRN, especially hens, can get very protective of their perceived nest and these too lovely ladies could end up fighting in too close of quarters.

They live together in a very spacious cage, lots of space to spend their time alone and to fly
We do not cage them when home

They live together in a very spacious cage, lots of space to spend their time alone and to fly

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Great no worries then, I didn't have any information beyond the avatar image so I just wanted to make sure that wasn't their normal home. It sounds like you are doing well by your little ones :)

Blue&Bell

Moving in
Great no worries then, I didn't have any information beyond the avatar image so I just wanted to make sure that wasn't their normal home. It sounds like you are doing well by your little ones :)
Oh it’s a really old picture when we first got them, they were about few weeks old only. They love to spend time on a perch when we open the top of the cage :)

Attachments