• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nuts.com? Anuts.com??

bird_mama

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Shay
I am trying to find the best place to find human grade nuts for my CAG. I’m mainly looking for walnuts, hazelnuts, and almonds. I found nuts.com and Anuts.com; I also think I found someplace called nuts wholesale (if someone could give me the correct name please :lol:) but if anyone could tell me the best but website out of these three or any of your favorites I’d greatly appreciate it!!:heart:

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
If you're buying for one bird then check out your local grocery stores or health food sores.

If you are buying for a couple birds or want to buy in bulk....I'd suggest you Google bulk nuts & search for the place closest to you. Shipping can be very expensive unless they have free shipping over a certain amount spent. I buy from nuts.com because they are in NJ & I'm in PA & I get free shipping for spending a certain amopunt. I used to get nuts from a place in CA but the shipping was almost as much as the nuts. Also sign up for their e-mails as most places send out discounts.

We buy at least 130 pounds of in-shell nuts every year, mix & store them in gallon glass jars, with 2 layers of wax paper under the lid & then store them in our basement. You can also freeze them.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I have bought from nuts.com and anuts. Everyone loves nuts.com and their products are stellar, but pricey. Anuts is cheaper but the shipping takes longer. The products are better than grocery store (which isn’t saying much truly).

Lately I’ve been buying nuts online from costco.

BirdLady13

Sprinting down the street
Aside from the occasional grocery store sale buy, I always order from nuts.com. They have a huge selection, reasonable prices, free and fast shipping on orders over $59, insulated packaging to prevent melting during shipment, convenient re-sealable pouches, and you get 10% off your first order when you sign up for their e-mails.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I've only ever ordered from anuts.com. Price was the deciding factor for me. The walnuts were great & I will continue using them. :thumbsup: