• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Nutrition for pellet free birds?

Jogging around the block
I did loose millet and just mixed it in with his regular dry seed, but I don't see why it couldn't work with a spray :)

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
So I know several that do not feed pellets. They stick to lots of fruits, veggies, sprouts, nuts, seeds etc. My own personal is to give pellets with everything I just listed and even more.
Just to add, a reason a person is a vegetarian could be to several reasons an "ethical", health, religious or just aversion to meat. A cousin became vegan due to a medical condition, my boss refused to eat any meat starting at 2 years old so hers is an aversion, another loves meat but wont eat because of "ethical" reasons.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
If you want to avoid pellets which is your choice, remember your pets need to be eating a variety of items to meet their daily nutritional goals.

javi

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
JAVI
I realized after that I seemed rude in the post. Not my intention. I just didn't finish thought. It was that based on the reason to be a vegetarian does dictate what you will eat. Sorry for sounding like a jerk.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I realized after that I seemed rude in the post. Not my intention. I just didn't finish thought. It was that based on the reason to be a vegetarian does dictate what you will eat. Sorry for sounding like a jerk.
I didn’t read it that way