• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures NSW Australia Lockdown Blues

Lodah

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Just a short note to try and keep out sanity alive! The lock down here is getting us down a tad... Still, Pilo loves all the extra attention that he is getting, gotta luv that fella! Hope all is well with everyone! Pilo sends Kisses!

Here are a few of our recent photos... hope you enjoy em!

Lodah, Olive and Pilo!

Wifey.jpg

Olive sitting pretty!

_K8A6241-Edit-2.jpg

An Emu on the run!

Its your spitting image... honest.jpg

There's more of us than I thought there was!

Aussie Grass Parrot.jpg

Aussie grass Parrot

Sitting Pretty.jpg

Just happened to be there!

My turn Mom.jpg

Feed me Mum! Pick me, Pick me!

Govetts Leap 3.jpg

Sunrise at Govetts Leap NSW Australia... gee was it cold!

Mr Peabody 1.jpg

Fairy Wren for a split second!

Bellbird Two.jpg

Bell Bird sitting still for a split second!

Fairy Wren One.jpg

Another Fairy Wren... cute fella!

All good things-Edit.jpg

Kiama NSW Australia

Bellbird Australia.jpg

Bell bird on take off! Landing gear up and at em!

Bell bird_.jpg

All alone, just the wind and the sky to keep me company!

Fairy Wren Two.jpg

The happy couple...

Gotcha.jpg

Lucky last...On approach, landing gear down!

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Good to see Olive is as beautiful as ever! Give Pilo some extra kisses, raspberries and ice cream from me :)

How long has it been now for you lot? How many lockdowns have you guys had there?

I stopped even trying to keep up with what’s happening everywhere else in Aus as I don’t like watching the news at the best of times but all the changes are just too much to keep up with :(

Im in a border bubble area and even those rules keep altering. There are so many police about in comparison to normal times.

We’ve had 4 whole state ones I think and numerous others for certain areas. It’s getting hard to keep up with what we’re allowed to do, how far we can travel and for what reasons and who’s not allowed to even leave home. I kinda just resigned myself to staying home unless I needed to go to the Drs, chemist, vet or do shopping.
It’s also been real hard working out who’s eligible for vaccines and where to get them.

Mum had a client the other day who was a high risk as they came from an area of NSW they shouldn’t have been in and when she called the covid line (3 times) to get information on what procedure she needed to follow to protect her other students and various clients she has contact with she got three different replies…. No wonders we are all fed up and confused.

Hang in there, I’m sure once the daily cases drop things will kinda go back to normal.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Good to see Olive is as beautiful as ever! Give Pilo some extra kisses, raspberries and ice cream from me :)

How long has it been now for you lot? How many lockdowns have you guys had there?

I stopped even trying to keep up with what’s happening everywhere else in Aus as I don’t like watching the news at the best of times but all the changes are just too much to keep up with :(

Im in a border bubble area and even those rules keep altering. There are so many police about in comparison to normal times.

We’ve had 4 whole state ones I think and numerous others for certain areas. It’s getting hard to keep up with what we’re allowed to do, how far we can travel and for what reasons and who’s not allowed to even leave home. I kinda just resigned myself to staying home unless I needed to go to the Drs, chemist, vet or do shopping.
It’s also been real hard working out who’s eligible for vaccines and where to get them.

Mum had a client the other day who was a high risk as they came from an area of NSW they shouldn’t have been in and when she called the covid line (3 times) to get information on what procedure she needed to follow to protect her other students and various clients she has contact with she got three different replies…. No wonders we are all fed up and confused.

Hang in there, I’m sure once the daily cases drop things will kinda go back to normal.
Hi Shez... your right in that the circumstances change at the drop of a hat! Its the apathy of the government that is usually to blame for all this! Only 10 percent of the population has some form of vaccination and the waiting lists are months on end! Still we are blessed to be where we are and there are a lot of people much worse off than we are! Hang in there as well... hopefully there is light at the end of the tunnel!

Pilo gives kisses!

God Bless!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Breathtaking photographs as always!!!

Though I don´t see Pilo :sad3:

Glad to hear you´re all staying safe (And sane!) Hope there´s plenty of bickies and kisses for Pilo, I´m sure he´s loving all the extra at home time :bliss:

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through another lockdown! I know just how confusing the different instructions and regulations can be.

Your photos are beautiful! Do you have a site on which you sell some of them? I could watch those beautiful, little blue Fairy Wrens all day long.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Breathtaking photographs as always!!!

Though I don´t see Pilo :sad3:

Glad to hear you´re all staying safe (And sane!) Hope there´s plenty of bickies and kisses for Pilo, I´m sure he´s loving all the extra at home time :bliss:
Hi Zara

We are all safe as can be expected! Fortunately the virus doesn’t affect Pilo as far as I know, so that’s a blessing!

Pilo loves being with us and gives back more than you can imagine!

Thank u for your kind message as always!
0827723F-3F26-41E7-B19E-888DFA452298.jpeg

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
I'm sorry to hear that you are going through another lockdown! I know just how confusing the different instructions and regulations can be.

Your photos are beautiful! Do you have a site on which you sell some of them? I could watch those beautiful, little blue Fairy Wrens all day long.
Hi Kassiana… I will upload a few you can use later when I get near my computer!

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
I just love your photos as always and it is good to hear you are all hanging in there.
And such a sweet pic of Pilo and his TeddyBear!
Stay safe!

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love your photos.

So Australia only has 10% vaccinated? I guess they have a limited amount of the vaccine?

In Missouri when it first became available people were traveling miles and miles to get their shots.

Lodah

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Love your photos.

So Australia only has 10% vaccinated? I guess they have a limited amount of the vaccine?

In Missouri when it first became available people were traveling miles and miles to get their shots.
Very true, of course now that the virus is out of control, they magically found more supply (which hasn’t materialized of course yet) for us! Again, the waiting lists are insane! Stay safe as always!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Your photographs are beautiful!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Shame Australia is so far behind in vax. They try so hard. Border closings took me a day out of my way to get to a airport to get home.
Poor Mom died during this but not from Covid, Now Dad is likely to be sent to a age home & so hard to think that may kill him.
Medical in Australia is hit & miss. It really needs to be better. I was fully vaxed in May. It was hard to get a vax but not impossible & I'd say more than half in US are vaxed now. People go about with no masks. I still wear mine as vax is not 100 percent safe.

Great photos from my 2nd home which sadly now will probably be the last time I visit.

MR. Mango

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Gorgeous pictures, I’m always jealous of all of the wonderful birds y’all have and then I remind myself about the spiders and run home lol

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
@camelotshadow I think it’s possible that your experience and knowledge of our medical system is not quite the same as what people born here experience. Our medical system is actually fabulous compared to many other countries and you gotta remember that we still have very minimal covid cases here in comparison to most other countries. Not positive but I think this outbreak could be either the largest so far or maybe second down the line.
I understand that not all medical places here applied early enough or at all for the vaccines and many don’t even seem to know what’s going on at their own facility… I can go to my old town that has approximately 700 residents and get my vaccine- many here I know have already had both their doses. I could have gone a few months back to one of the larger towns to get mine but I chose not to as car travel that distance really knocks the crap out of me so I’ve been waiting for the particular vaccine I want to be available closer to my home. Astra Zeneca had been available to anyone who wants it here for a while now.
My comment above about the confusion of where to get the vaccines was more in reference to knowing who to ask about where it’s available. Calling any hospital or Drs clinic will get you the right information ASAP but many people don’t think to do that or even book a dr appointment to find out, they wait for the news or social media to inform them which I think is why do many have no clue what’s available or how to access it.
Unfortunately most people answering the covid hotline don’t seem to speak English as their first language so that also makes less people bother trying to find information that way.

FeatheredM

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monique
Geeez! Are you a professional photographer or what! I want to see Australia now:joyful:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Awesome pictures. I have sure missed Pilo pictures. Many kisses, raspberries and ice cream for Pilo. Take care of yourselves.