• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Now This is an Aviary

Kiwibird08

Jogging around the block
India (as a whole) has such respect for animals. What a beautiful place! And the birds all look quite healthy and well cared for (or in the process of recovery).

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great video! ♥ And as Kiwibird says, they look so healthy and well cared for.
You can see that the old man really loved all parrots. And I found a BH Pionus. :)

greys4u

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Wow, anybody got a plane ticket to India???? That is amazing how he is able to interect with the birds. Thanks for sharing

Chihuahua

that's incredible! it's amazing how attached to him all the birds are, he seems to really care deeply for them.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
So many unusual Macs too. I was wondering if he is feeding the adults with that syringe too. What do you think?

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So many unusual Macs too. I was wondering if he is feeding the adults with that syringe too. What do you think?
I think he feed every birds that want/accept the syringe. As a treat. (and so he can give them medicine)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Just amazing. No stress in that environment.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I wish all bird lovers would watch this. I vote for a sticky.

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Never thought of it that way. Certainly worth a trip over the ocean to visit there.

rockybird

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
I posted a link to this a couple months ago. This place looks amazing. I wish more aviaries/rescues were set up like this. I would love to visit it someday!

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I don't feel as if India has a great respect for birds... but I agree, it looks like an amazing aviary/sanctuary! And yes, I would love to see more places "like" this one! These people do have a lot of respect for the animals in their care!

I think one of the most amazing things about the video, besides the amazing 1 acre aviary, is how there is such a huge variety of parrots all getting along! Of all various shapes and sizes! Most everywhere else within captivity, parrots are trying to kill each other!

Chihuahua

I don't feel as if India has a great respect for birds... but I agree, it looks like an amazing aviary/sanctuary! And yes, I would love to see more places "like" this one! These people do have a lot of respect for the animals in their care!

I think one of the most amazing things about the video, besides the amazing 1 acre aviary, is how there is such a huge variety of parrots all getting along! Of all various shapes and sizes! Most everywhere else within captivity, parrots are trying to kill each other!
in most places they are too close for comfort, essentially forced to be with birds they may not care for... here they can get away.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
Chihuahua, not only that, but many pet parrots may be supremely under-socialized with *other* parrots.

If you don't want a dog to be scared or aggressive with strangers then you need to socialize them with strangers at a young age. If you don't want a dog to be scared or aggressive with other dogs, you need to socialize them with other dogs (and puppies) at a young age.

The same should be said for parrots.... yet, we don't. One reason is disease. Two might not be knowing anyone else in the area with birds. Three might not be taking birds out of our homes to meet up with other birds, or allowing other birds into our homes to socialize.

Many birds then grow up not knowing how to interact with other birds as a flock, so they can easily end up being aggressive to a strange bird. I don't feel as if this is normal, and it's something I've even noticed within my own birds! Although the cockatiels consider each other as flock mates, I don't feel as if it's as tight as I've seen wild flocks of parrots act. (as limited as that is...)

Chihuahua

i take mine to the bird rescue weekly... i know disease is a risk but i wouldn't shield my dogs from other dogs for that and i feel the same about any other pet, honestly.

Tami B

Walking the driveway
No kidding!
That IS an aviary!
Wow! Would I love to have a setup like that for my birds (2 - lol)

Apparently not everyone, and not just in India, has respect for other life forms!

Tami B

Walking the driveway
Oops, clumsy fingers.

Otherwise we wouldn't need all this rescue centers, and there wouldn't be so many endangered species.

echobird

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ash
Yes I agree @Tami B everywhere people abuse animals and it's absolutely heartbreaking. If only there were more sanctuaries/rescues like this.