• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Now Being Destroyed

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ooh that one looks fun!!! I´m loving seeing pictures of your little ones playing with their toys :) ❤

Leih

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
My birds would be like, "you want me to play with paper? I don't understand..." none of my four have ever shown any interest. So silly, but I'm glad your birds are enjoying themselves! I love easy diy toys.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
none of my four have ever shown any interest
What about Aoife? As a female lovebird, that surprises me. How interesting!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
What about Aoife? As a female lovebird, that surprises me. How interesting!
I know! I recently put in this straw pouch to forage and still nothing. 20190706_103806.jpg

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
She loves popsicle sticks, but when they're encased in paper, she's not interested. 20190706_103820.jpg

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cute toy - looks like a little shopping bag :)
How funny she won´t touch it. Maybe just keep moving it around?
In Aldora and Jaimes cage, there was a balsa block on the cage floor rolling around for weeks... all of a sudden the other day, they were bickering over who gets to chew it :lol: Birds do the weirdest things ;)

She loves popsicle sticks, but when they're encased in paper, she's not interested.
very picky. I wouldn´t expect any less! :lol:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Cute toy - looks like a little shopping bag :)
How funny she won´t touch it. Maybe just keep moving it around?
In Aldora and Jaimes cage, there was a balsa block on the cage floor rolling around for weeks... all of a sudden the other day, they were bickering over who gets to chew it :lol: Birds do the weirdest things ;)

very picky. I wouldn´t expect any less! :lol:
She's so high maintenance! I will move it in the next few days, she's got so much to chew on in there.

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Fortunately, these two aren't interested in just plain paper...as in the book I'm trying to read! Both Buddy and Gussie took it as a personal challenge to destroy a page before I finished reading it. The boys must have a little substance to their paper. They are now working on a paper cup cut in a spiral from rim to bottom, zip tied to a straw. And a stack of cupcake papers cut into daisies and zip tied to a finger trap. These two play with toys more than any bird I have ever had. I wonder if it's their personalities or because they are two together. It's not the first time I've had 2 birds but it is the first time I've had 2 birds who like each other. Maybe it's fitting that my last birds are my first bonded pair, something I've wanted for years!

Last edited:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
Fortunately, these two aren't interested in just plain paper...ascin the book I'm trying to read! Both Buddy and Gussie took it as a personal challenge to destroy a page before I finished reading it. The boys must have a little substance to their paper. They are now working on a paper cup cut in a spiral from rim to bottom, zip tied to a straw. And a stack of cupcake papers cut into daisies and zip tied to a finger trap. These two play with toys more than any bird I have ever had. I wonder if it's their personalities or because they are two together. It's not the first time I've had 2 birds but it is the first time I've had 2 birds who like each other. Maybe it's fitting that my last birds are my first bonded pair, something I've wanted for years!
My birds try to destroy my lab reports... Fortunately not the one I turn in. I have a similar situation with my cat. My previous pair hated each other and my current pair are best friends. It's fun watching animals that like each other interact!

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
@Leih In my old job, I had to hand write running notes daily, for every child I saw. Buddy, my champion shredding lovebird hen, got hold of several pages, 8 x 11, written on both sides, and turned several inches into long, thin strips, top of the page to the bottom. Instead of rewriting each page, I taped them back together as in a jigsaw puzzle. Fortunately my supervisor had a good sense of humor and let it slide.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Instead of rewriting each page, I taped them back together as in a jigsaw puzzle. Fortunately my supervisor had a good sense of humor and let it slide.
:coffeescreen: Genius ;) I´m glad your supervisor was understanding!:laugh:

bubblelady

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
:coffeescreen: Genius ;) I´m glad your supervisor was understanding!:laugh:
So am I! The other supervisor was an obnoxious bean counter who would have been HORRIFIED. At least 10 employees quit over a period of years because of her. I'd have probably quit, too, if she had been my supervisor. But the one I had loved Buddy and her adorable ways. I even had Buddy "sign" (as in nibble the edges of) any birthday or Christmas cards I sent to her. I don't understand bean counters. :think1:

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
I got the pouch from California Bird Nerds. Usually baskets etc are HUGE but this one is actually a good lovebird siz .