• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Now Aang is sick! :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TwoTinyTrees

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Our oldest Aang has discharge on her nose I noticed she wasnt as active maybe 3 days ago and figured she was just having an off day, now she has yellowish white discharge around her little nostrils, we set an appt. with our vet later on today I hope that everything will be ok. :(

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Sending prayers that shes ok and its not serious.:hug8:

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Is she tail bobbing? Does she sound congested when you put her up to your ear? You can put her in a hospital cage, food and perches down low, tent 3 sides and the top and put either a heating pad on low under one half of the cage or shine a light from about 3 feet away on the tent NOT ON THE BIRD, to provide some warmth. Hope you get to see the vet today.

Ginger

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Aww poor little one.. :sad4: Sending over many healing vibes and a hug for you.. :hug8: Please let us know what happens at the vets.. :hug8:

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Is she tail bobbing? Does she sound congested when you put her up to your ear? You can put her in a hospital cage, food and perches down low, tent 3 sides and the top and put either a heating pad on low under one half of the cage or shine a light from about 3 feet away on the tent NOT ON THE BIRD, to provide some warmth. Hope you get to see the vet today.

Ginger
No she is not making any sounds and is not tail bobbing she is still going about her own business eating and what not but her feathers do seem always ruffled and her eyes are squinty. Thank you for your prayers and advice

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
Hope your vet visit knocks it on the head and she responds to the treatment given. :hug8:

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Hoping all is well. You may want to take them all in at least for gram stains just in case.

adinafloyd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Adina
Parying that all goes well at the vets office..get well soon Aang:hug8:

Skyler

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Praying that she recovers:hug8:

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
Thanks for all the prayers they really did help:hug8:! The vet just asked me about their housing etc, she thought the room may be too cold and it probably was she gave me some antibiotics her nose is all cleared up now! and she is just running around her little set up with Zuko (who is also going to get some meds) the vet also said to not stress them out so we've just let them be for now, but today is our weeklly cage cleaning day! I will just have to take it slow I guess since their cage needs to be cleaned for their health as well....thanks so much guys!! :)

penguin

Avenue Veteran
I'm sure they are probably used to the cage cleaning by now and it won't stress them much. I'm glad Aang got seen and has meds. Be sure to turn up the heat in their room!

TwoTinyTrees

Avenue Veteran
I'm sure they are probably used to the cage cleaning by now and it won't stress them much. I'm glad Aang got seen and has meds. Be sure to turn up the heat in their room!
Will do for sure! Im going to go and buy a thermometer from the pet store just to put it in their room make sure this doesnt happen again.

Daisy's Mom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
I'm soo happy that everything went good at the vets office.. :hug8:

roxynoodle

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I Can't Stop Posting!
Real Name
Audrey
I'm glad everything is ok. I'm curious though of the temp of the room though after some posted of people having outdoor aviaries in Ohio and letting their parrots go out even in 0F temps. I only heat my house to 64 in the winter.

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
Glad everything is okay.:hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.