• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

November 2022 Mayor of the Avenue... Nnbal

Status
Not open for further replies.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Our "Mayor of the Avenue" award is presented to a member who exhibits the qualities that distinguish them to be an upstanding credit to the Avenue, a loving, informed, conscientious and caring bird parront and an all around good neighbor.

I am happy to announce that Nnbal is November's Mayor of the Month.
I enjoyed reading your interview, and am sure that everyone else will as well!

1. What kind of birds do you have (age, species and names)?

I have a macaw and a budgie. Pasha will soon be 3 years old. Bamboo will soon be 2 years old.
-PASHA
IMG_20221030_123446.jpg

-BAMBOO

IMG_20221030_123456.jpg

2. What got you interested in birds?

I'm 23 years old and I've been a fan of birds since I was little. And I loved watching birds in documentaries. I think birds are very unique. Their eyes are so expressive.

3. What have your birds brought to your life?

My life is more colorful and valuable. Pasha is my power source.

4. What have you learned from sharing your life with your birds?

They taught me how to wake up happy every morning. Because if I am happy, they will be happy. Even if I am tired at night, I wake up with Pasha saying hello in the morning. It is impossible to wake up tired on a morning like this.

5. What's one birdie memory that will stay with you forever?

Thinking that I had completely lost Pasha was the moment that affected me the most. Pasha emerged from a terrible traffic accident without a single scratch. It was a miracle that me and my family survived this accident. The biggest reason why Pasha was not harmed was that he was in a dog travel cage. It's really hard for me to describe what I went through at that moment. Because I really thought Pasha was dead. My father took Pasha out of the car and gave it to me and I hugged him. He was breathing so fast that it was obvious he was terrified. He hugged me for minutes and calmed down. He is very good now. He even survived the trauma of the accident much easier than I did. He is a very strong boy.

6. Where is your birds main living area?

We turned the bathroom in my room into a living space for Pasha. Bamboo lives in his cage in the living room. Pasha comes to the living room during the day and we sing together. Pasha dances great.

7. Did you change things in your home to accommodate your birds and if so what kinds of things did you change?

Yes, Pasha was not comfortable in the living room. Because sometimes our guests come and Pasha is disturbed by the children. That's why we decided to create a space for him to rest and play comfortably. We dismantled the shower cabin in the bathroom in my room. We mounted perches on the wall. Very happy now.
IMG_20211125_203819_edit_44543974429661.jpg
IMG_20211125_171109_edit_44447178550509.jpg IMG_20211125_232036.jpg
IMG_20211126_143358.jpg

8. Are you involved in any kind of bird related group or activities?

The only community I'm active in is Avian Avenue.

9. What is the one luxury item you would love to have for your bird(s)?

An outdoor cage is my dream. We live in an apartment and will soon be moving to a house with a garden. I hope this summer I will fulfill my dream.

10. Is there any bird that you dream of owning and if so why?

I think I have the birds of my dreams. My only dream is to please them.

11. Describe a typical day with you at home with your birds.

I wake up in the morning with the sounds of Pasha's hello. And immediately I go and prepare his breakfast. Then we sing and play games with Pasha. While I'm doing my work, Pasha spends time in his room. Sometimes he screams and calls me to his side and he calms down after a kiss. After dinner, he spends time with us in the living room until he falls asleep.

12. What have you learned about owning birds that you would like to share?

They are not toys. They can't wait for you in a corner. They have feelings, wants and rules. They need your love, your time and a certain amount of money. They may need an air purifier, air humidifier and heater for their health.

13. If you knew then what you know now about birds, what would you do differently?

Actually, I met Avian Avenue right after I owned Pasha and Bamboo. So I have no regrets. I learned a lot about their health and I practice all of them.

14. What other hobbies do you have?

I love hiking, listening to music and reading books. I also love spending time with my family.

15. Anything else you would like to share?

I'm so happy to meet everyone here. Many thanks to everyone who helped me and shared their experiences.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Great interview! Great pictures! Congrats!!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
:congrats5: I enjoyed reading your interview and learning more about you and Mr Pasha :heart:

SumitaSinh

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congratulations! I loved reading your interview, especially the answer to question 12. Please convey my love to your flock and my kisses for Pasha :heart:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
They taught me how to wake up happy every morning. Because if I am happy, they will be happy. Even if I am tired at night, I wake up with Pasha saying hello in the morning. It is impossible to wake up tired on a morning like this.
This is so true @Nnbal ! Jeff sings every morning and when we go in he doots a hello at us - no matter what kind of mood I wake up in it's instantly erased in that moment :heart2:

Then I get cussed out by Mabel for not shoving food directly in her beak the moment I see her :rolleyes:

Kiwi's Dad

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:congratualtions: Pasha,Bamboo, and you deserve it! I just learned that you had a second bird :lol:

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
:congrats5:
I loved reading your interview and, of course, pictures of Pasha and his set-up.
Hopefully next summer you will be posting pictures of Sir Pasha in his outdoor aviary, but until then, keep his pics coming please :sadhug2: oh and of course :heart: for Pasha.

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Congrats!! You and yours are already beloved members of AA. Perfect choice for Mayor of the Avenue.

Greylady1966

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Carol
Congratulations! Great interview and beautiful pictures.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Congratulations!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
inloved reading your interview and seeing your photos. I’m so glad that accident wasn’t even worse!

Status
Not open for further replies.