• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

not urgent, but OMG!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
OMG OMG OMG! I'm friggen crying right now!! Cookie could be hurt and its all my fault!!!!

She went behind the couch.. i had her treat ready to was going to pull out the couch, get her, and give it to her.. i pulled out the couch but didn't know there was a book sitting on the back of it and it FELL ON HER!!! not all of her, her head!!! it was a soft cover book and i dont think it hit her right on but it DID get her!! She didn't make a noise, just flapped a little and backed away really fast and came straight to me! omg i feel TERRIBLE! she seems okay, just shaken up a bit, she's with Toc on the couch and we are keeping a close eye on her but OMG i am/was sooo scared!! I'm so stupid!!

piercesdesigns

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
Keep her warm adn quiet. Is she alert? Watch to make sure she is eating and drinking.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
omg Emily. That's so scary. Waiting to hear she is okay after you watch her for a while :hug8::heart::heart:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
She's sitting with me right now.. she just drank some apple juice and ate a little banana.. she's really, really calm and quiet, i think she's still really scared.. omg, i'm terrible! now she's preening my hair, but still not making any noises, and she's moving really slow..

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Oh Emily, that is so scary - bless your heart :hug8:

sounds like you are doing the right thing, let us know how she is

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:omg: how scary. I would have been frantic too! Try to keep her warm and not moving around a lot. Is she acting normal? Is she showing any signs that she is hurt? Have you checked her for cuts? Keep an eye on her today and tonight to see is she acts normal. Can she walk normal?

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
she's not cut anywhere, thank goodness!! Just acting really scared and not as active - i hope she's just scared!

Kathy

awww poor baby. Sounds like it scared her a little.. Let us know how she's doing.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
you're not terrible Emily. Accidents happen. I almost broke Rudy's legs this morning...he flew onto a drawer edge that I was sliding shut...it's the kind on rollers that slams quickly and hard. I caught it just in time.
Sending good thoughts for Cookie and you :heart::heart:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
^^ thank you, Saroj! she's sitting with me getting lots of cuddles, i don't know what i'd do if she were really hurt!

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
she's not cut anywhere, thank goodness!! Just acting really scared and not as active - i hope she's just scared!
Just be diligent about watching her today. Let us know if she starts acting more normal in the next few hours. I am sure she is just shaken up and afraid. If I was her I would be too! Don't worry we all know it was an accident. I accidentally caught Squeeky's feet when I went to go close my bedroom door. He likes to hang out up there and I didn't see him. Luckily he did a little yelp and only had a small bruise.

Archiesmom

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Natalie
Accidents happen, its not your fault! Sending healing and comforting thoughts Cookie's way. Sounds like she's had a bit of a scare, but is otherwise all right. Keep an eye on her and let us know, we'll be waiting for the update that says she's back to her mischievious self again :)

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
omg, thank you guys for calming me down a bit. :hug8:

I'm gonna be keeping a VERY close eye on her.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
That was scary. I hope she will be ok :hug8:

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
ohmy gosh how incredibly scary...hope she will be ok

ciesana

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Meagan
Emily, it's okay, these things happen! I'm sure Cookie is just a little shaken. Keep and eye on her and let us know how she is doing! :hug8:

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, it is OK, I hope she is back to her normal self soon!

ilikebirds

Jogging around the block
you're not terrible Emily. Accidents happen. I almost broke Rudy's legs this morning...he flew onto a drawer edge that I was sliding shut...it's the kind on rollers that slams quickly and hard. I caught it just in time.
Sending good thoughts for Cookie and you :heart::heart:

I have an idea for you:) which surprises me actually...
At the cabinet shop we use a guide, pretty expensive though, but you can not slam it shut. you can try, but it just wont happen. i think they were called Blum motion, can check for you if you want.

Im sorry you and Cookie had a scare. You are a great bird mommy, maybe Cookie just needs snuggles and reassurance for the day:hug8:

Emmilyy

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
thanks everyone:hug8:

I'm feeling better about it now, and i can tell she does, too! i am so, so glad! Yes, lots of snuggles are in order - and she can try some of the birdie bread i made for the first time today!

Status
Not open for further replies.