• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not sure how many know this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
... and not sure how many of you are aware that I have been breeding the Pionus specie for the last several years, I have dedicated to only two parrot species which is the Pionus and was 6 out of the 8 Pionus species and the other specie being the Blue Fronted Amazon. Well, this past breeding season was my last time for raising babies. For at least the last 2 to 3 years I was going to call it quits but couldn't... but I always ended up suffering come each baby season with difficulty in breathing as the babies feathering out and all just would drive me into the ground where my breathing is concerned. Having Asthma, I can not tolerate it any longer.

I've sold the 5 pairs of Coral Billed Pionus already. I may possibly have the 5 single Coral Bills which are all related and *might* be sold to another breeder who has some Coral Bills so they will be able to make other unrelated pairs or hold for future breeders.

So, my website will be changing in a few areas such as the Baby Bird page and who knows, I may then write up other info for the site to better help others out there on stuff about them or breeder techniques and what not.

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Jan,I'm sorry that You cannot breed anymore:( Even after all these years of not breeding I still miss the satisfaction of raising Happy,Healthy Babies!:hug8:

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
So glad you are taking care of your health, but so sorry you had to stop breeding.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Thanks for letting us know. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.