• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not impressed- birdsupplynh.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatDarnBird

Rollerblading along the road
My tiels unexpectedly started mating last week. As soon as I saw them getting nesty I ordered 6 plastic cockatiel eggs from www.birdsupplynh.com . The order shipped out fine. The problem is USPS lost the package. I alerted the company right away to the problem and the fact I had already been down the post office to see if we could find the package (the PO can't find it, said they'd look more) and let them know I do need those eggs very soon but I would give the PO a couple more days to find the package. They replied (calling me by an incorrect name!) for me to let them know because it takes time for the USPS to process their insurance claim. It's now two days later and no package, I've talked to my postal carrier personally and he said he never had it (the tracking said 'out for delivery' on Saturday). I can't wait the 15 days the USPS requires for the company to submit their claim. I've emailed again asking if they could resend the shipment and again restated that I need those eggs, probably by the end of this week. That was 5 hours ago and they still haven't got back to me. If I'm going to have the eggs in time they need to send them out now, today, and since it's already after hours in NH I'm guessing they don't intend to do it.

I don't blame this company for the mail losing the package but this is time sensitive and they are not showing any concern that I'm being left in a lurch. I'm not impressed with the customer service here.

Billie Faye

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Why don't you go to Michaels and get Polymer Clay and make your own...that is what I did....If you don't know the right size...wait for the first egg and use that as a guide....:hug8:

ThatDarnBird

The avian vet I called did suggest I check at Michaels. I didn't think of making them. What do I paint them with? I'm so afraid of getting something that would be toxic to them.

edit-- do you bake polymer clay to dry?

Last edited:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
You don't need to paint them...just buy the white clay and you mold them and then bake them....it really is very simple...:hug8:

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Hey, don't forget the pictures when you are done!:hug8:
Glad I was able to help you...

ThatDarnBird

Ok, here's the eggs I made

Do you think they'll be ok? They're 1 inch long by 3/4 inch at the thickest. They're a bit lopsided. I'm hoping Sam won't lay any eggs at all but if she does these should give us a start and I have lots of clay left. They are quite porous, is there anything I can seal them with?

Bird Supply of NH never did get back to me today. When something unexpected happens, that's when you really see what kind of customer service a store has.

Saroj, I probably should have ordered from the EggShop in the first place. That's probably what I'll do if I have to order again.

Last edited:

Angelicarboreals

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
That is a fabulous idea to make your own.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Did you bake them???
I think they will work but you will have to wait and see what happens with your birds...
You could try to wash one and see what it does....still have time to make more....:hug8:

thebirdnerds

Real Name
Jennifer
Just for future reference, if you did want to paint them or even bird toys you can use tempra paint used for children its non toxic, we use it at the zoo to make enrichment items for all the animals there, even the birds. :)

ThatDarnBird

Yup, they are baked. :)
Jennifer, thankyou for the info! That's great to know about the paint.

It's been over 24 hours and the store still hasn't got back to me. I definately won't buy anything from them again.

edit- I just sent another email asking them what they are going to do about the lost shipment.

Last edited:

ThatDarnBird

Well, I finally heard from them.

Hi Tonna,
It would seem they lost the package for now. Since we don’t know if it will still turn up this is my suggestion. We place a duplicate order and it is paid for. We would then start a claim on the first missing shipment and once we are refunded by USPS we refund that amount back to you. Let me know.

Thank You,
Allen Fox
Bird Supply of New Hampshire, LLC
www.birdsupplynh.com
603-882-4737 (local)
888-319-0136 (tollfree & fax)

I don't really care for that option so I just asked for my money back. It sounds like they aren't willing to do anything until they are taken care of first..

calibird

California Bird Nerds
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Ann
Hi Renee I am so sorry to hear about the poor customer service you received. It is really sad that it took so long for them to get back to you and also how they handled the situation.

ThatDarnBird

Hi Ann. Yes I'm disappointed with their customer service. Their response to my request for a refund was to tell me they initiated a claim with the USPS. I'm glad they can do that but whether or not they are reimbursed is between them and the USPS, I don't have the merchandise and that means I get a refund regardless of their situation. This could have been handled much differently.

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
I feel that the place should have either refunded you or sent you out another of what you had ordered. It is between the store and USPS with that happening. If it has not been actually delivered to you and you can prove that then you should be able to receive a refund if that is what you want.

jamie

Real Name
Jamie
I've purchased from them several times in the past & never had any problems. It's been a few months since I ordered anything from them though ... they are the only company in the US (That I know of right now) that has Vetafarm products :D

Status
Not open for further replies.