• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not Going On The Floor

Budgie33

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Laura
Hello!

Indie keeps on going on the floor, and I have tried to lure her off it with treas, get her to step up on a stick, etc. None of it works, she will just hide under stuff. It could be partly because we have a carpet and seeds sometimes fall into it. Any tips to stop her from going on the floor?

Thanks!

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
My p'let and parakeet used to do that all. the. time. When they were more comfortable with me and actually enjoyed spending time with me they stopped. They just needed to grow out of it and decide that I was more fun! Good luck with that - I know how annoying it is, especially with a cat!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
It could be partly because we have a carpet and seeds sometimes fall into it. Any tips to stop her from going on the floor?
Make a fake carpet to lure her elsewhere?
I got a foraging mat made for me, (I´m sure there´s got to be something similar in the mainstream market?), I then keep it on my table next to me and sprinkle seeds in it, and put some little toys on top :geek: Worth a try?

IMG_20201103_154916.jpg IMG_20201103_200845.jpg IMG_20201105_192438.jpg