• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Not getting the Tags/Mentions Notifications

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
When mentioned in a thread (or tagged), sometimes I receive an alert about it, sometimes I don't. @sunnysmom is one person I'm not receiving tags from but I see I've gotten tags from Zara, Miss_sj, Shezbug, Mizzely and others without any issues. It is confirmed that there is an actual tag (hover over the hyperlink and it shows a preview of my profile)

Here is one such post for an example.... I can't find in my alerts that I was mentioned, but clearly my name is there. (I can find alerts from all others that have tagged me)

Sunnysmom and I even discussed it in this thread...

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Same here, but with replies to watched threads... I don't get tagged very often. And the around the neighborhood posts don't show up in the new posts sometimes.

CeciliaZ

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Cecilia
I have also tagged some members who usually respond but noticed they have not recently - I also wonder if they have gotten the alerts.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
I noticed the disappearance of the pop-up notification too. But then I've had quite a few problems lately, thought I'd give @Staff a break. The notification bell flag is still working fine though.
I do know though that adding a tag via an edit doesn't work, the tag has to be in the message when you first post it.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@Monaco with the new threads... all I can think of is to switch between "What's New" and "New Posts". I know I miss posts even with "What's New".

I've got it set up to automatically watch threads I post to so I haven't noticed an issue there... Not sure where it's at but there was a way to watch or ignore forums and you could set up how you "see" forums. Like, if you wanted to, you could see a forum, but not see updates about it in the New Posts section or you could completely ignore the forum and not see anything from it unless you "unblock" the forum.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
So, with that I got a notification that you replied to the thread, but not that you mentioned me.

Yes, I "watched" the wing nut lounge yesterday, but I haven't looked to see if it worked.

Odd little changes in the last couple of weeks.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Ahh. It was the game Pavillion that I watched, but no notification of new posts there, and nothing in the new posts or the what's new tabs.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Tagging you both @Monica and @Monaco just to help you test it here... hope you get them.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
@Fergus Mom Yup! I'm thinking it might be an issue between @sunnysmom and I or something else? (re: threads I linked to)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
The game pavilion is different in that you would have to watch it and go to watched forums do you see any changes in the game pavilion game for the threads do not show up and what’s new Or new post if you just want a specific game you would have to say watch to that thread and you were getting notifications then when it got changed and it would be under watch threads

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Omg, I got a mention!

It seems sporadic, there's no pattern, but I definitely stop getting notifications on a thread a few days old no matter how many replies have gone into it.

I see what you mean about the game Pavillion, but it should still notify me since the threads are active, I interacted with them, and I have all of that selected in the preferences.

I wonder if it's a time thing... Like a certain age, and it stops showing up?

Beasley

Real Name
Maggie Beasley
I haven’t gotten notifications reliably either, I just obsessively check the new threads :shrug:

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I haven't always gotten alerts that people have added to threads that I have replied to. I eventually stumble upon them. But I suppose I am missing things.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
There is a place in alerts were you can check off your preferences and get or not get alerts for items as requested

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Just out of curiosity are you all typing the members full screen name after the @symbol or clinking in the box that comes up with their name (like @Zara)?
40B79FF4-B6CA-46D1-823B-3DC0663BE889.png

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I also noticed if I ignore notifications for a certain thread (not sure how many times) and do not check that thread either I stop getting notifications. Other than that all my notifications, mentions and tags seem to be working fine.

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
I always hit the name rather than typing it, because I don't trust my memory or fingers or autocorrect.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
You won’t get certain forums in new posts as we have it set that certain ones don’t show up in there. You also should use the lightning bolt as the other one only shows new posts in forums you have visited in a certain period of time. As far as tagging when creating a tag you need to click on the name when it comes up. If you edit a post and add a tag it will not alert the person

Monaco

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
You won’t get certain forums in new posts as we have it set that certain ones don’t show up in there. You also should use the lightning bolt as the other one only shows new posts in forums you have visited in a certain period of time. As far as tagging when creating a tag you need to click on the name when it comes up. If you edit a post and add a tag it will not alert the person
This makes sense. I thought it might have to do with time.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
@Shezbug that worked fine for me.
I have seen some tags for me that I never got alerts for but I know that when you edit the post and add the tag the person won't get the alert so I think this is what is happening.

I also noticed if I ignore notifications for a certain thread (not sure how many times) and do not check that thread either I stop getting notifications
Yes I noticed the same and then randomly I sometimes get an alert,but usually I won't.