• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Not an Emergency but I need advice quick!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
Hi Everybody, I know it's been a while since I posted... hope all my bird buddies are ok.
My problem is that Molly just hatched two more eggs (and was balancing them in the little bed that the eggs usually fall out of). Since I've got to go out of town unexpectly tonight I moved the eggs out of the bed that she and Mango share down to the nest box at the bottom of the cage. Now she won't go near the bed which I left at the bottom of the cage, or will she go into the next box. She is sitting way up on a perch making a terrible racket. I don't know what to do. I'm a wreck and I've got to leave because my mother's ill... any suggestions to lure Molly down there quickly? I know the pet sitter won't know what to do, so I must settle her before I leave. Thanks for any advice anyone can give!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Kathy is there any reason why you cant leave the eggs where she wants them? I am not experienced with eggs so I am just asking.

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
I just wanted to secure Molly and the eggs before we get on the road. We have been traveling back and forth a lot and each time I get home the petsitter tells me that eggs had fallen from the nest and cracked when they hit the bottom. Molly has seemed so depressed lately that I was trying to make her and her eggs more comfortable...
boy did I goof... now I don't know what to do.

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
I'm now wondering if I should attempt to put the eggs back in the little bed and just leave it on the floor of the cage. I'm stressing bad...

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Sure that sounds like a good idea Danita.

Can you quick fix a bigger "nest" up where she wants the eggs to be?

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
I'm out of time to make a new nest, as we will be on the road for a while, but I did put her bed inside the nest box and stacked it on two small boxes to see if she will go for that idea. I am heartbroken that I must leave her this way. She's such a sad little girl as it is and her eggs give her so much comfort. Thanks everyone for your suggestions and I will check in from my Mom's to let you know how it goes. I have to write a long note to the petsitter right now and then hit the road.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Can you quick fix a bigger "nest" up where she wants the eggs to be?
That's what I would try since it appears that's where she wants her eggs to be. However she may not want the bigger bed. If you have time before you leave I would try the bigger bed up where the old one was and if she doesn't want it put the old one back and wait till you return to ease her into trying to use a bigger bed. If you don't have time it may be better to just leave it the way it is since you won't be there to fix any problems with the bigger bed.

Edit: Sorry, we were writing at the same time. Go with your gut feeling. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.