• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

NOT AGAIN

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Oh my. What are the odds? I hope you can get him.

hrafn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please take the poor baby to a vet ASAP, My aunties husband found a woodpecker on his balcony and his/her wing was injured I told him take to vet but was at work and left the poor guy in a cage outside in cold weather, the poor baby died, just take the bird to vet ASAP. He might have caught some type of infection or be in poor bodily conditions, it can save his/her life if there might be chance of sickness!
Oh I definitely will, don't you worry. The real problem for right now is just being able to catch him! He's crafty.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
She will have to be lucky enough to catch this one first just like she patiently persisted last time until she caught the escaped bird, I am sure once she finally has the luck of capturing him the first place this bird will go is the vet......not sure but I am starting to wonder if hrafn has a crush on one of the staff at her vet clinic. Hehehe she is there all the time for one of her pets or someone else’s that she has rescued.
Who, me? :ashamed3:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well, I haven't been able to catch Tiny 'Tiel yet, but he also hasn't been eaten so I'm going to count that as some kind of victory. He seems to be doing well with his adoptive flock, and is getting plenty of food foraging with them. They're doing a good job of keeping him safe from potential predators, for which I'm grateful.

It's lucky the weather is still so mild!

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Tiny 'Tiel landed on my head this morning!! I was headed out on my way to work and he was eating his breakfast with the flock, when all of a sudden he flew straight across the yard, perched himself right up on top of my hair, screamed once, and then flew back to continue eating.

It all happened so fast that I didn't even have time to react or try to nab him, but it did give me a laugh. He's one ballsy little guy! I'm really hoping I'm able to scoop him up soon, though; he's been out in the wild for who knows how long, and he's getting thin and a bit dishevelled looking. He needs warmth, humidity and some good wholesome meals.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
:joyful: It's a start! :huh:

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m sure you’ll have him safe indoors very soon!

BertAllen

Real Name
Dave
Alberta's a darn cold place and if she hasn't found him by now, I wouldn't hold out much hope. :(

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Any updates? Sure hope he found someplace safe.
:angel1::goodluck: I hope you get him soon!!
Alberta's a darn cold place and if she hasn't found him by now, I wouldn't hold out much hope. :(
Tiny 'Tiel is still about, but I'm seeing him come out of the trees to eat less and less. The snow has fallen hard and we'll be in the -20s in short order, so I'm very worried at this point. I still hear him so I know he's here, but he must be getting weak.

I empty the cage of snow every morning and put in some fresh, heated pellet mash in hopes he'll try some and warm up, and I've seen his footprints around it. I'm praying I can catch him ASAP.

faislaq

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
I hope so, too. I'm glad he's found a flock to stay with and thank you for continuing to put food out for him.

hrafn

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Looks like you are in the deep freeze today.
What can these Tiels tolerate in the temperature range?
I personally don't like exposing my 'tiel Kraz to anything below 15°. I know Oz can get colder than that, but I'm sure the temp we're at today (currently -23) is colder than any 'tiel can withstand for a prolonged time.

To be frankly honest, I'm astounded he's still alive.