• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Norwegian Forest Cats

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Many years ago, one of my neighbors took in a female NF cat not knowing she was pregnant. She was pure bred. I was lucky enough to get the pick of the litter so to speak. I already had 2 cats so Jubal made the 3rd. He was magnificent in every way. They were originally from Northern Europe. They are from a cold weather climate and grew very long, thick coats. They are a large cat weighing in between 12 to 15 pounds. Between their toes thick fur grows to protect them from walking on snow/ice. Over the years Jubal became very jealous of my resident Occicat and proceeded to attack her on several occasions. They just could not live together so sadly I gave Jubal back to my neighbor who knew him well.
She kept him for the rest of his life but sadly Jubal developed a malignant tumor in his abdomen and was euthanized. I offer you a couple photos so you can see what he looked like jubal 2.jpg jubal 1.jpg

Last edited:

April

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my goodness! He is absolutely stunning! :heart:

WikiWaz

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award