• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Northern California linnie breeder recommendations?

Birdlee

Meeting neighbors
I live in Northern CA, and both of the bird stores in my area just told me they may not have linnies until late summer, instead of spring/early summer as they previously thought. I know both stores take really good care of their birds, handle them regularly, and hand raise them, and many other bird owners in my area who I've spoken to recommend them, so I'd be okay with waiting until August if necessary. But I'd also like to get some breeder recommendations just to explore my options. I'd originally given up on breeders because most of the California ones are in Southern CA and I don't want to stress out the bird by making it sit in the car for 6-8 hours on the way back, but if anyone knows of some good Northern CA linnie breeders I'd love to check them out!

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
Well I got my parrotlet from Feathered Follies a few years ago. They are AMAZING!! They are still in Northern California I believe, but they moved,and so I don't know if they actually have any birds available. But I would totally recommend that place! They are so great!!!
(you can also adopt older birds from there, and they have a great policy where you can put a deposit on a bird as soon as you see it, but you have to wait until at least the next day to pick it up so no people just rush into that commitment)

Birdlee

Meeting neighbors
Well I got my parrotlet from Feathered Follies a few years ago. They are AMAZING!! They are still in Northern California I believe, but they moved,and so I don't know if they actually have any birds available. But I would totally recommend that place! They are so great!!!
(you can also adopt older birds from there, and they have a great policy where you can put a deposit on a bird as soon as you see it, but you have to wait until at least the next day to pick it up so no people just rush into that commitment)
Thank you so much for the recommendation! I'll definitely check them out.

Gigibirds

Great! :D
I hope you can get your birdies soon!!

Birdlee

Meeting neighbors
Great! :D
I hope you can get your birdies soon!!
Was just looking at Feathered Follies... they seem amazing but don't have babies right now :( I'm going to be keeping an eye on their website though!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Good luck finding a Linnie! You know that I'm a big fan!

LovePico

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Susan
I know this thread is from last year, but if anyone in Nor Cal is looking for a Linnie they have quite a few at The Bird Shop in Roseville. They have green, olive, turquoise, lutino and cremin. I was shocked to see so many! All look healthy and are active, chatty.
So happy to find this forum and have access to other Linnie folks.
Susan