• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Normal poop or infection

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Hello :) I have a thread on 911 about a parrot bitting and bleeding. Since that doesn't happen anymore and it is of no urgency, I am making a different thread.
She is on antibiotics until Friday evening, and I noticed her poop this morning and last evening to be more liquid-y. Can someone help me figure this out?

Attachments

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Does it coincide with her antibiotics dosages? Or other diet related things happening around that time (fresh foods, bath, drinking more)

dollfish

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Zeynep Dollfish
They seems fine to me, other than the little bits of seeds on the poop in the first picture. Did they fall on top or are they inside? How long have they been like this? Has your bird been consuming watery fruits or more water than usual?

Also, sharing what makes you worry and the changes may help others better evaluate.

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
They seems fine to me, other than the little bits of seeds on the poop in the first picture. Did they fall on top or are they inside? How long have they been like this? Has your bird been consuming watery fruits or more water than usual?

Also, sharing what makes you worry and the changes may help others better evaluate.
The seed were there before because she threw the bowl on the ground.
They seemed to be like that yesterday evening and today in the morning, but now they seem to be ok.
As for fruits, I haven't given her much. Yesterday, I gave her some bits of apple and carrot and raspberry, but she only ate the apple bits.
And as for water, I am not so sure, I do not stay with her the whole time.

squishy_bub

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Adelina
Does it coincide with her antibiotics dosages? Or other diet related things happening around that time (fresh foods, bath, drinking more)
I am not so sure to be honest. I have been in a frenzy, and I only noticed them yesterday evening. It may be because I fed her some apple and some millet.

Reactions: Ali

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Honestly they don't seem concerning to me, but consider what they've ingested in the last hour when poops look different. Also remember that a few off poops usually aren't an issue; it's when they have consistent issues that they are markers for something bigger going on :)