• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Normal lovebird poops

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Hand feeding formula and was looking for what a healthy poop would look like. I don’t have any issues with mine, it’s frequent, looks to be fine. The only thing I notice is that on a white pad, the urine looks a little yellow. And that their poops weren’t as curled as before but maybe cus they drank extra water during their bath? I’m getting so good at noticing their signs that when I see it coming, I move them to the wee wee pad immediately, they go there, look at me so proud, get kisses and get to go back to what they were doing. I usually make it to the pad about 8/10. I’m strangely proud of that

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I fed a different food to you I think. (I used A21, every time). And I found the food comes out pretty much how it goes in. Maybe slightly paler coming out. It starts to change once you introduce adult foods. So if you offered them something, perhaps veggies or fruit, that could explain the difference in the poop.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
I fed a different food to you I think. (I used A21, every time). And I found the food comes out pretty much how it goes in. Maybe slightly paler coming out. It starts to change once you introduce adult foods. So if you offered them something, perhaps veggies or fruit, that could explain the difference in the poop.
These little babies haven’t/won’t entertain the idea of other foods yet. Poops are just a bit more waterier, they enjoy drinking the warm faucet water, how these guys are going to get used to drinking room temp water when they graduate, I don’t know :roflmao:

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
They will figure it out, I promise :bliss:

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Hi,
My babies have been weaning for 8 days and I’ve noticed their poops have a little bubbles in it. It’s not all the time. They still eat pellets and seeds. They are happy, active, loving, eating and drinking. Their poops reflect what they eat, orangish when they eat a lot of carrots. Their watery formula poops have changed into poops that are wet enough but are so much easier to manage, they sometimes can roll off my shoulder when they are on me, but it’s not dry. And they don’t seem to have trouble, pain, inflammation. I’m attaching a picture (sorry). They go regularly, especially when they run and fly around so this one isn’t so big. They have been eating gas producing foods in their chop. You will see little bubbles. Tell me if this is normal. Behavior wise, they are the most balanced they’ve ever been.

Also,Wally sometimes sneezes. A few times a day randomly, maybe like 3-5x spread out. It hasnt been cause for alarm since I don’t see any changes in his behavior, eyes, eating, weight loss, etc. Do your birds sneeze at all? I’m going to move the air purifier in their room.

Wally&Eva

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Carol
Forgot to attach photos. It’s not like that all day. The rest of the day, it much more normal. But I’ve noticed the bubbles a few times.
This is another one, this is during one of their first free flights in our room. They are very excited but it’s new and possibly a bit of fear poop? Sorry to keep posting poop but I want to know if I should be concerned or they need a vet visit. Otherwise, I’m just going to monitor the food/poop situation and try to make the connections. It’s only been a week of digesting solid foods so maybe it’s just getting the right gut balance

Attachments